Crossing Fate faction change

Did a faction change after completing the bosses in Castle Nathria last week, due to faction change the quest reset back to 0/30 for me. I completed all of Castle Nath and should be 10/30 for this week.

1 Like

I also had this same issue. I changed from Alliance to horde and lost my 10/30 progress. Hopefully they fix this.

Same here, 10/30 after FCN, had to re-accept quest upon entering FSoD this week and progress was at 0/30.

2 Likes

This is a not a bug. When you do a Faction Change, your quest log is completely cleared. This is stated in the Support Article.

Which is fine for quests you can just pick up and redo pretty quickly, but I don’t think this should apply for a 3 week long quest, that then can become 4-5 weeks long. They should have an item drop from each boss or something else to mark progress

1 Like

You can provide feedback about your issues with this quest and the faction change by posting in the appropriate forum.

Same here changed faction and lost the progress from CN. Killed all 10 bosses in CN. I understand that faction change resets the quests, but 3 weeks quests should be an exception.

Yeah I was 29/30… I switched from Horde to Alliance and it reset to 0/30 haha… Oh well… Maybe this will keep my Coins of Dinar in good supply while I redo all of the 30 bosses again. First getting the quiver from Sylvanus. Then Sigil of the first ones trinket. Then Scars of Fraternal Strife. But maybe I’ll get one of those three in the vault before then. So this is okay I guess.

Same thing happened to me, i was 10/30 and i did a faction change and went to 0.
Posted a ticket and no fix. Sad.

I faction changed and was able to recoup my current week’s progress by killing a random normal/heroic boss of the current fated raid. So I faction changed at 20/30, got reset to 0/30, killed a fated SOD boss and got credit for that week’s fated kills, putting me at 10/30. I’m trying a non-fated CN boss this week to see if it’ll give me credit for the others. I was also frustrated by this and submitted a ticket to basically get told this is working as intended. So TLDR don’t faction change or do anything for the next 8 weeks if you’re a raider.

Did it?

/10chars

Wish I had seen this. I lost 20 dinars

It did not. Basically SOL for an extra week.

Yup just encountered this myself. Faction changed to join my friends and lost 20/30 progress.

So I did the same on an alt without thinking. Went and killed a Sepulcher boss again and the kills I had earned before swapping reappeared in the quest.

Still missing my sanctum kills from last week, hoping I can get them to pop back up in the same fashion.

Such a helpful response!

Did you do this on the same difficulty you previously did them on? I’m just wondering if I hop in an LFR and kill 1 boss once the fated swaps each week if it will “update” mine again to what is was. I did all my previous ones on Normal though.

My favorite part is we paid to be screwed over :confused: