Cross region (US-EU) mogs, mounts and achievements

Considering the enormous amount of limitations being removed in the game in these past few minutes is there any remote chance that you are gonna allow me to use the mounts and mogs I got in EU in my US version of the game and vice versa?

Please Blizz, you don’t even have to announce it, just tell us if it’s even up for consideration or straight up impossible!

3 Likes

mounts and mogs are faction pride kinda things

dont see them opening that up, sadly

Oh but I am not talking about factions, I am talking literally about the fact that I can drop a mount on the EU realm and I won’t have it on the US ones. And that makes no sense!

idk its tricky

just like CN stuff that we will never see

maybe im wrong ofc

Wish they could tell us something about it. There used to be a story around the past decade that they couldn’t do it because of contractual reasons and handling of privacy data, issue is that we all changed contract at the beginning of 2022 anyway and it seems to be compatible from what I have read

This is a restriction on the accounts level, not the faction level. You have an EU account, and a US account? Each zone is region locked due to international rules/laws as well as differing country laws/norms (example is China servers and loot box laws in gaming for Asia).

I dont see this going away ever, as this isnt a game issue.

1 Like

That’s exactly where I am in doubt tho, for the longest period I have fully agreed with you and that seemed to be the definitive version of the story. But then I received this email at the beginning of the new year saying that the contract with Blizz was now updated:

blizzard-end-user-license-agreement

here is an extract from the line where it describes “Global Play”

1. Global Play. Certain Games feature “Global Play,” which allows you to play with players who are outside of the region associated with the Account that you have registered. The Global Play feature requires that some or all of your personal information provided to Blizzard when you registered the Account be transferred to servers operated by Blizzard in the regions where you wish to play the Game. By agreeing to participate in Global Play, you agree that Blizzard can transfer your data to Blizzard’s servers in each of the regions that you select to participate in using the Global Play feature. For more information, please review Blizzard’s Privacy Policy located at https://www.blizzard.com/en-gb/legal/8c41e7e6-0b61-42c4-a674-c91d8e8d68d3/blizzard-entertainment-privacy-policy.

You see why I am starting to have hope?

1 Like

Unfortunately, no not really.

Your bnet launcher is set up so that you will have one Battle.net id and you can then make up to 8 accounts under that ID. These accounts can be on any global zone, but must stay completely standalone from the other 7 accounts under your bnet id. This is for international legal reasons such as currency, national laws regarding gaming/lotteries, taxing the IP for recorded profits, etc.

So in essence, you are allowed “global play” due to the fact you can have a bnet id with an account in each of the 4 world zones, but none of those sub-accounts will ever connect (outside of phsyically paying/transferring a character between these accounts) and with this restriction due to national and international laws, this isnt something Blizzard can have any effect on.

I sincerely doubt this will ever change, unless there are some pretty major changes in how our world does business between regions.

1 Like

This makes sense, but at the same time I have successfully logged in from the US region on Battle.Net several times (before they merged the chats) and from that region I managed to buy goods and services for my European profile. At the same time I could boot a game that would connect to Europe from it and vice versa!

Activision-Blizzard is set up behind the scenes to handle international transactions and such, but they have to work within the rules.

Look at a car… buying a Dodge in the USA is different than a Dodge in Canada (units of measure, engine tunes, costs, etc). And to move that good from one country to another, you have to fill out the necessary paperwork for the govt and pay taxes to your local govt for this as they missed out on the monies from the initial sale. Almost everything (unless it has a specific trade deal agreement) functions like this country to country, and online data/products are no different.

1 Like

as someone that started from EU since tbc and had to move to OCE during BFA. I WANT THIS, i missed all my achievements mounts and everything that i had collected all those years. i couldn’t transfer or play with my friends anymore…

1 Like

Absolutely same! also if WoWhead can pull data from all of the regions easily I don’t know why Blizz can’t just isolate human sensible data and still give us in-game products and cosmetics.

Like, we still double payed stuff, might as-well give us what’s ours in here

I’ve had all but forgotten about this, but now that you reminded me of it, I want my bumblebee mount.

1 Like

I have my mage tower mogs in EU… I feel physical pain each time I see my set not being complete

1 Like

This is something they should impelement. Would help a lot of players…