Cross Faction Solo Guilds & Alts

I created a Cross Faction Community and add all alts. Then had a Horde alt in the Guild on a 2nd account to use /ginvite to invite Alliance alts in the 1st account.

1 Like

Why do you even need solo guilds for alts, is it for the bank tab and stuff?

Bank storage and to easily transfer items and gold. It also eliminates random Guild Invites. Having 7 bank tabs is a lot of storage.

16 Likes

Word. /10 cha

1 Like

Exactly what my guild is for. It’s nice. I was invited by the same guild about 6 times.

2 Likes

This is way more difficult than it should be, but I figured out how to invite my horde toons to my alliance bank guild.

1. Create a cross-faction Community and have all your other faction toons join it. It’s a bit of a pain because you have to log in and out of the toons to apply, be accepted, etc. Make sure the toon who creates the Community is either your Guild Leader or has permission to invite members to the guild.

2. Have the toon that created the cross faction community (“Owner”) post a link in the COMMUNITY chat for the guild. To do this:

2a. make sure your community channel is open in your chat box
2b. click the Invite Member box in your Guild pane (not in the Community pane)
2c. click the “link post in chat” button. this should now put a link in your community chat. Mine was in yellow and it said [Guild: Guild Name Here].
Edit: we think your guild needs to be listed in the guild finder in order to see the “link post in chat” button needed for this step. (Thanks to Pharazon for sharing this tip)

1. Now, long back into your other faction toons that joined your new community, go to the Community chat pane and you can click on the link to join your guild.

2. Then there will be some hopping back in forth between toons to approve the request to join the guild, promote to ranks, etc.

Good Luck! Hopefully they will make this process easier because this is ridiculous.

Edit: some problems people are having because I forgot to mention some tips in my original post. (Sorry!)

1. When you create your Community, make sure you check off the “Cross-Faction” box in the middle of the screen so the other side can see and join.

2. When you are searching for the Community you made, make sure you go to the “Filter” drop down menu at the top left and check off “cross-faction” otherwise your Community won’t show up when you search for it.

30 Likes

This did it! Thanks Jorsha. I was able to invite my Horde toon into my Alliance guild using your instructions. Wish I could reward you somehow because I wouldn’t have figured it out on my own.

One note for others having trouble like I did - be sure to check the box that says “Cross-Faction” in the filters when you are searching for the community with the alts. This stumped me; my community didn’t show in the search until I did this.

7 Likes

I will try this when i get home and hope it works.

I don’t want to have to make a second account or rely on another player to invite my own alts.

2 Likes

All of my characters are on the same account and I was able to invite my Horde alts to my Alliance guild using Jorsha’s instructions.

1 Like

I see what I did wrong. I wasn’t linking it correctly in Community chat.

1 Like

Yeah, Blizzard screwed over alt players for some reason.

Cross faction don’t count towards cheevos too so can’t use them to get stuff like the teleport cloaks.

I’m having trouble with this step (2b specifically), as I never get a “link post in chat” button when clicking the Invite Member button in the Guild pane (just Accept & Cancel), but in the Community pane I get an “Invite Link” button, and my alts are already in the community I created.

What am I doing wrong? (I also need sleep…)

1 Like

I created a Cross Faction Community and the other Faction characters cannot even find the community to join it.

Guild perks for one!! Holy cow.

1 Like

Make sure your Community settings have Cross-Faction checked, and when you search on your alts, make sure Cross-Faction is checked in the search criteria.

Hmmm, I’m not sure what the problem is there, sorry. When I click the “Invite Member” button I get a new box with an “Add Guild Member” box, the “Accept” and “Cancel” buttons, and then below those is another button “Link Post in Chat”

Yeah, I have no additional button below those two buttons when clicking Invite Member from the Guild pane.

I’m not sure either but maybe its has something to do with the rank permissions for the character you are using to post the link? Do they have rights to do so as Community owner and Guild Rank?

1 Like

The guild has to be listed in the guild finder to have the link option.

5 Likes

Never heard of guild perks?

3 Likes