Critique on character idea

Hello! I have a barebones idea for a Worgen character that, if you guys like it, I may flesh out further, and if it’s too out there for a character, I’ll go back to the drawing board.

So, the basic idea is that this character was bitten by a worgen and did not get the ritual that gave worgens their control over their form. Instead, she found a way to control the form on her own, but it is very hard to keep it under control. She’d likely seek someone to help her gain complete control over her form, or try to reach out to worgens who also didn’t have control over themselves to help them gain control.

So that is what I have thus far. What do you think?

1 Like

It’s good and I enjoy it. I don’t have any criticism.

Here’s a resource google gave me, use this forum thread maybe for extra lore info on worgens:

and then wow head is for sure , if that doesn’t answer any of your questions, there’s always nobbel87 on youtube is always really good for lore questions.

Now mind you this is Moon Guard, and being a very open server you can play anything you want, so no matter what folks tell you just do whatever you want <3 HOWEVER , if you want to really tighten your wow lore hatches down on this character and lean more towards sticking closer with the wow lore, be sure to dive deep into the worgen lore and try to find any other cases of a worgen becoming sane on their own, and follow that as an example. And as for anyone she would seek to help her with her curse? It would make sense in my own PEROSNAL OPINION that she would probably seek out Kaldorei with the partial cure to the worgen curse. As that is what the night elves gave the Gilneans.

Again these are all just SUGGESTIONS so please do not take anything I say to heart and if this post does anything let it be only to aid you in your rp hurdles <3 <3

1 Like

:eyes:

Sounds plausible! First thing’s first, no worgen have complete control; even Genn Greymane and his noble entourage hunt boar on all fours, have rage problems, and feel instincts. So you are well within your rights, even as one who has taken the Ritual of Balance, to RP a worgen that hunts out of instinct or lashes out in rage. Because canonically, they all do.

Second, not all worgen need the ritual to shapeshift, such as Genn Greymane himself (who is secretly a worgen the whole time), Grandma Whal, or the worgen in the Grizzly Hills questline (which took place a year before the ritual was even created). So even if your character hasn’t had the ritual, you can use human form, if you wish. But just like all worgen, when they are driven to anger, the beast within will come forward.

Third, the general lack of control to the extent of “the mindless state” is a result of high rage and/or intense trauma, such as in the cases of the player character, Mardigan, Sven Yorgen, and Josiah Avery. Effectively, this means your character’s “control level” is determined by their mental and emotional health, and recent trauma may effect their stability as much as you see fit. Perhaps backstoried like losing a loved one, or tied to recent events like the war effort or the old god stuff.

1 Like

Thanks for the info! I started rping her yesterday after leveling her a bit and I had decided that she had been one of the Gilneans left behind when Genn and the others fled for Darnassus. She’d then have found a way to escape between the worgen attack and the forsaken attack, but would not have met up with the group as she was a completely feral worgen at the time.

2 Likes

Nothing a shock collar won’t fix.