Critical Memory Error #132 - Started after ZA patch

EDIT - After digging more through the forums, it looks like there is a primary thread for this issue in the Tech Support section:

Since installing the ZA patch, I’ve started getting a memory error. It occurs immediately after selecting a character on the select screen and entering world. The zone I’m in will load for a split second and then the game crashes, leaving me with the error message. I had no issues prior to the patch and was actually playing minutes before the servers went down.

Here’s the weird part - this only occurs on certain (existing) characters and not on new ones I create. I have a large number of alts and found that out of the 10 or so, only 2 actually work without receiving the error. I don’t think this has anything to do with the files on my PC as I’ve wiped out all of the character specific data to force the game to re-build it from scratch. I feel, rather, that it’s got something to do with the character settings that are stored on the server and those are having a weird interection with the install on my PC. But I could be wrong…

Some of the things I’ve tried:

• Uninstalling/re-installing (both the Blizzard App and the game)
  • Deleting WTF/Interface/Cache/ProgramData folders
  • Manually removing all references to the game in the registry
  • Disabling AV, firewall, graphic settings, xbox settings
  • Resetting graphic settings for WoW to default in Nvidia control panel
  • Running the launcher and the game in admin mode
  • Updating drivers
  • Using the “unstuck” feature to move my character
  • Scanning Windows System files for corruption
  • Chkdsk
  • Uninstalling programs (including Discord, WoWup and mostly everything else too)

Here is the error -

"This application has encountered a critical error:
ERROR #132 (0x85100084) Fatal exception!

Program: C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft_classic_\WowClassic.exe
ProcessID: 556
ThreadID: 18908
Exception: ACCESS_VIOLATION

The instruction at ‘0x00007ff7ae2fb516’ referenced memory at ‘0xffffffffffffffff’.
The memory could not be ‘read’.

Press OK to terminate the application."

Please help :slight_smile:

1 Like

having this exact same issue when I try to login to my Shaman which is my main.
The other nine characters on the same server are playable with zero issues, but logging into my shaman causes this error.
Been trying to fix it since ZA patch went live as well, hopefully there’s a solution soon

I am in the same boat except I play on a mac.
As soon as I load into the world it crashes.

I’ve been troubleshooting all day and cannot get in on any of my lvl 70 toons.

Only new toons or lvl 1 toons in starting areas can be logged into.

Not sure if its related but all my lvl 70 toons are logged out in stormwind.

2 Accts: One works perfectly for all toons including L70s, the other acct has this error for all L70 toons but not my L20 bank alt.

This is happening to me also. Is there any way we can get an update from blizzard on this?

1 Like

and I’m on iMacs

I found a primary thread for this. I think the status right now is something along the lines of they’re aware, working on it and will be releasing a hotfix later today that should fix it. Looks like alot of people are having this problem and it’s character specific. It appears to be an issue on Blizzard’s end so doing anything with your PC is unlikely to help.

Has been repaired with a new update