Crit soft cap

Is 30% crit like the soft cap. Im sitting at 40% but hesitating switching out gear because i dont wanna dip below 40

Because of corrupted item, we may lose some crit. But for me, 30% is the lowest cap for crit.

1 Like

Not sure what you mean. There isn’t any softcap of any sort.

The more crit the better, but there’s several reasons where losing crit is still worth it. Higher ilvl gear without crit can still be better, or gear with strong corruption effects will also be better.

The only piece where you really don’t want to not have crit is rings. Since rings only give secondary stats, rings without crit are mostly trash, even if they’re high ilvl.

Yeah im just wondering if going under 40% is. Bad. I know we wanna stack as much crit as possible. Im at 40% crit 12% haste and 36%

As lame as this might be, the answer is always to sim it.

BfA has done a poor job of stacking dps systems on top of dps systems to the point where it often is hard to tell whether a piece is an upgrade over a combination of other pieces.

Like Khallid mentioned, crit is usually better, but corruption, sockets and ilevel can make it otherwise. There is no magic number you should aim for.

Game play wise I find 35% as a minimum for my current build below that threshold rotation seems to suffer becomes less predictable.

I mainly notice a significant drop in Barbed shot procs . Way easier to keep uptime on frenzy without the 9 sec trait on gear.

Also of note is game play latency going over 100-350ms on world or home the higher my latency the lower my dps due to lag causing late refresh on barbed shot dropping frenzy stacks. High critt seems to offset this due to lots of 2 stacks of Barbed shots.

With current build 3 dance of death crit will be top stat until you hit around 2600 crit but haste becomes close as you reach 2000 crit. Some cases haste with vers will be better than crit with mastery.

With 3 DoD, TotH and OwtP talents I found that over 39/40% crit start to be less important over haste.

Best thing to do is sim yourself with raidbots

You can compare with the items in your bags and also find out what are the ideal stat weights for you

Is there any way to sim your character and have the program search all gear in your bags not just what’s equipped ?

I haven’t simmed in ages and I’m dreading doing it again as I’d literally be doing it all night with the many different pieces of azerite, corruption, and pieces with different secondary stats.

I use simcraft add on to obtain a string to copy on raibots site.
Raibots site give to me stats weight that I copy into pawn add on ingame.

Pawn add on check your equipped gear and gear in your bags. It doesn’t check trinkets.

Seems difficult but is not.
This way isn’t for perfect results but help.
I am pretty sure that is a better way but I know only this.

I will be happy to see other suggestions.

1 Like

I dont necessarily go for stats n gear as much as find items that proc stat buffs in those directions.