Creation Catalyst Bug

Hi,

I have submitted a ticket for this, but got a response that, while factually true, isn’t addressing my issue.

I place a cape into the converter. The cape was:
ilvl 278
74 int
157 stamina
29 haste
72 versatility
43 leech

To the right, the outcome item was “Wrap of the Fixed Stars of the Aurora”
ilevel 278
74 int
157 stamina
60 haste
72 vers
70 mastery
43 leech

I completed the process, and the cape i got was “Wrap of the Fixed Stars”
ilevel 278
74 int
157 stamina
31 haste
70 mastery
43 leech

CLearly, something is wrong here. I am not expecting to get the cape as stated in the middle there at this point, but could I please have someone look at this and revert the cape to the original state and let me convert a different item?? It had stats I prefer, and I could make a conversion I actually want.

TY so much for considerng.

It’s like I put something in and got nothing out that was shown, and a downgrade from what I put in (or a sidegrade, however you look at it).

I have screenshots for proof, i would be happy to share.

I don’t know of any items in the game that have three secondary stats like that. You can’t get haste, vers, and mastery on the same item. It will always be two of the three.

If it displayed that way then it would be a bug and should be reported using the in-game bug report tool or the Bug report forum. It won’t reverse the change you made, but it would get the issue to QA.

As for removing the cooldown or reversing it, I don’t believe that is something the GMs can do for you. Anything that has the “are you really really sure” type of confirmation is hands off from the GMs.

3 Likes

If you’ve found a bug, you’d need to post in the bug report forum, or report it in-game.

This is a player help player forum, there are no GM’s, Devs or QA here.

You can re-open the ticket if you feel the response was erroneous but keep in mind that GM’s don’t fix bugs. Pretty sure the cool down is hard coded and can’t be over-ridden.

3 Likes

There was a bug which granted some cloaks double secondary stats. This is not how the system was advertised to function and wasn’t an intentional change to that previously announced functionality.

The game team was able to identify the bug, and correct it. They also corrected items that had already been created, ensuring they were only left with the intended stat blocks. An additional fix also went out last night for some of the remaining UI elements involved.

I am sorry for any initial confusion. Since the item you now have is what was intended to be received all along, and there was no additional currency loss involved (you weren’t charged more for receiving an item with double the intended stats), it’s not something we’re going to reverse. Customer Support is also unable to reset the Creation Catalyst cooldown for any reason.

If you encounter any additional game bugs though, please let our QA team know - either by using the in-game form or by posting in the bug report forums.

6 Likes

Hi,

Thank you so much for your kind reply. I just want to state that when I created the item, it was still showing the incorrect stats, and did cost the weekly cooldown. Is this not consideration for reversal?

I am not trying to argue by any means. But if I understand correctly youre stating that I have an item with double the stats of what I started, which I don’t - so I am a bit confused?).

The caalyst said I’d receive an item that I didn’t receive. And it said it when I created it. You stated that items were corrected that had already been created. but taht wasn’t the case for mine.

Again, I’m kindly not trying to pull anything. I just don’t see a connect between what you’re stating and what I expereinced, if that makes sense.

Edit: also thanks to the kind replies from fellow players

Added: I reloaded the game and have a small patch downloadng. If this addressed the issue at all i will clarify my post. (alas, the small patch did not appear to reset the cooldown or revert the cloak to its original stats).

There was a bug where items were being created with the 3 secondary stats as your display showed. That bug was fixed so that the items only had the proper 2 stats. It should never have shown you the three - hence the bug.

Your conversion did what it was supposed to do - give you an item with two stats. Unfortunately in your case they are not two stats you wanted to have together.

I really don’t think GM can undo it for you, although I have been surprised before.

3 Likes

Totally understand you’re not trying to argue, and I apologize for being unclear. I was explaining the full scope of the bug, not just your specific scenario which was my mistake.

The item you received has the stats you were intended to receive for that item - even though the displayed preview item incorrectly listed a double set of secondary stats.

3 Likes

I see. Thank you. So just to be clear, the item i received was intended (understood), but was not what was being displayed in the HUD as I made the conversion.

I believe I understand the bug now, I just think it is unfortunate that it would still be displayed to supposedly one conversion while actually giving something different. Say for those who were being told by the game they’d get an item but didn’t, a redo would be nice. But I understand if there is some functionality preventing that.

Thanks for your response, and if there’s anything new that ends up being done for those who may have created an item before the advertised item was corrected, I would be very grateful to hear about it.

Thanks for your time.

2 Likes