Creating a RP Compliment to a Foresaken DK

Hey guys, I’m very new to WoW RP and while I know the BIG rule is there’s no wrong RP, I’d like to try to get some stuff right!

To be brief, my buddy would like to start RPing and is making a Foresaken DK. I would like to make a character that can compliment that in terms of RP but also don’t want to go too dark with it. I don’t have an issue with dark or serious characters, and I’m also not trying to make a character that’s entirely comic relief, but I’d like for our interactions to make sense.

I initially considered a nightborne priest, but all the lore I read on the forums state they’re quite stoic.

Goblins and Pandaren are also interesting to me, but really I’m down for anything or any insight. Any help definitely doesn’t have to be directed around my initial ideas.

1 Like

CLASSIC World of Warcraft zodiac signs and elements.
based on Astrology…
Fire + (Aries, Leo, Sagittarius) Human / Orc
Earth - (Taurus, Virgo, Capricorn) Dwarf / Tauren
Air + (Gemini, Libra, Aquarius) Gnome / Troll
Water - (Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces) NightElf / Undead

Alliance: positive / Horde: negative

My suggestion…

Pick positive elements (Fire or Air) for “Light” Horde with “Dark” classes
Fire: Orc, Mag’har or Highmountain / Classes: (Rogue, Warlock, Shaman, Druid, Death Knight, Monk)
Air: Vulpera, Zandalari or Darkspear / Classes: (Rogue, Warlock, Shaman, Druid, Death Knight, Monk)
OR
Pick negative elements (Earth or Water) for “Dark” Horde with “Light” classes
Earth: Tauren or Goblin / Classes: (Warrior, Hunter, Priest, Mage)
Water: Undead or Blood Elf / Classes: (Warrior, Hunter, Priest, Mage) OR (Paladin, Demon Hunter)

LINKS:

Warcraft zodiac (Races) - Warcraft zodiacs - Races

Warcraft zodiac (Classes and Specializations) - Warcraft zodiacs - Classes and Specializations

3 Likes

Really depends on who your DK is as a person. For one who embraces the might of the grave perhaps a dark acolyte assistant in the form of a s priest or aff lock might be fun.

For one who merely got unlucky and doesn’t particularly like being an unliving champion of darkness - perhaps they have a Warrior or even Paladin companion who are old friends from their past lives who still keep them company.

3 Likes

I randomly encountered a pair years ago that were memorable enough that I remember the encounter to this day. It might serve as an idea/inspiration?

It was a jawless, drooling cannibalistic undead character running around the Dead Scar in Eversong with a Blood Elf companion. I don’t recall if they were a Priest or Paladin, but the gist was that they were desperate to ‘redeem’ the Undead, who typically responded with a friendly offer of a half-chewed arm to snack on, which the Elf “politely” declined.

Similar to part of what Benedikt said, perhaps someone they knew in life, hoping to redeem who they were as a person? It allows for both serious and some comedic RP, especially if the Forsaken DK has zero interest in the Light and the idea of “redemption” at this point.

2 Likes

I was wondering how I would role play a Foresaken character, who is actually happy. I was thinking about basing the character off of Digby “Digger” O’Dell, in the old “Life of Reilly” radio show. (Your friendly neighborhood undertaker.)

So I have a forsaken mage, who was an undertaker, when he was alive. He was happy about being raised and glad he spent the extra money for the deluxe embalming package. (A few gold more adds years to your skin…,)

He says things to other foresaken he encounters like; “You’re looking natural today.” or “I’m sorry you feel that way, but your wife specifically told us to use be lowest priced burial we offered. She said, “The cheap bastard never paid extra for anything in life, why start now?””