Crashing, freezing, and stuttering after 8.3 [Intel GPUs]

The has been uninstalled and battle net removed. Now fighting for refund. This issue isn’t even on the Known issues list. Really?

2 Likes

Nothing fixed. Will not be renewing my subscription.

3 Likes

The auto resolution is causing some sort of memory leak. That’s why it’s not just the game crashing, the entire system is.

Memory leaks occur when the developers don’t properly keep track of computer assets, leading to memory to be constantly, infinitely be drained until the whole system must shut down.

I don’t know how this isn’t: 1.) easily replicated, or 2.) easily found. They must not be good at debugging their code.

7 Likes

I completely agree with you.

3 Likes

can you show me where in https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/23277654 the fixes are detailed and written? This is supposed to be a list of full patch notes, an as of 7:41 PM (CST), the last hotfix notice is from 1/17 and says nothing about macs.

Appreciate the follow up on the issue persisting. We’re getting your reports over to have our team look into this once more and confirm if there are any additional actions that we need to take. Thank you for your continued reports so far, they are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated!

4 Likes

To answer the earlier question re refunds…I was given a refund earlier today for my pre-purchase of Shadowlands, but not the rest of this month’s sub. I started Final Fantasy as soon as I unsub’d. It’s different than wow. Somethings I already like better and some I already miss. But I’m happy to report the game runs fine…now to level my white mage/conjuror to 80!

4 Likes

there’s a small reddit thread, feel free to chime in!

and how long till we actually get news on a solution ??

1 Like

I should add, I didn’t unsub because I was mad about the issues. They happen, I get it. I unsub’d because Blizz doesn’t give a rip about me and already stated the progress we lost out on is too bad. That irritates me more than anything. Two vessels lost to this issue last week, couldn’t do a 19 key last week and now I will miss a week of the raid. For which I’ll get jack squat and they don’t care. I don’t care about the week of sub time. The progress killed me.

7 Likes

Definitely worse after today, but has been nearly unplayable since 8.3 on a three year old macbook pro. Even with graphics set to lowest settings, I’m receiving lots of freezing and crashing.

1 Like

is that a sick joke? “If there are any additional actions you need to take”? You just had at least 30 people say that your hot-fix just made the issue worse… How could there possibly not be any additional actions for you to take. what kind of QC are you doing on the hotfixes to test if its working? Because throw out whatever 10,000 dollar imac that youre using to bug test the issue, and run it on some normal 3 year old macbook pro that worked completely fine a week ago. If it’s a memory leak issue that causes most of our computers to overclock, you wont notice it on some computer hooked up to an external server with infinite processing power.

5 Likes

Downloading FF 14 now, see you there.

4 Likes

and tbh, none of my anger is directed at the bug at this point. Its more or less just the fact that:

1. we get a blue post once every few days, none of which enlighten us as to what the issue is or whats actually being done to fix it

2. you just choose to ignore any comment about recompensation

3. half the time you act like its a problem on our end, when there is overwhelming evidence to the contrary

4. you refuse to add this to the actual known problems list, which is probably why this is taking so long.

16 Likes

You need to pay us back , that’s what you need to do.

3 Likes

Have the most recent update. Has been ok out in the world but figured I’d give the new raid a try with my guild in heroic. As soon as Wrathion got pulled I got insta frozen and locked up. Had to hard restart. 2017 MBP

2 Likes

Opening day of Ny’alotha raid and within 5 seconds of pull… The spinning wheel of death. Nothing like a Raid Leader and Guild Master who can’t raid. Thanks Blizzard.</3

1 Like

Something had happened in life regarding the support area, now I had a week without playing, Blizzard has totally lost his credibility.

I believe that if the billing area had an error it would not take long to repair it.

By the way yesterday the monthly payment made me charge my card as always, on time.

patch did not solve anything

5 Likes

I just tried mine. Small bg is ok but dg is unbearable or unplayable! Basically they did not do anything. They posted something to fool people. Like always