Crashing, freezing, and stuttering after 8.3 [Intel GPUs]

how do i do that?@gurukaos

unless you get a top notch external drive, you wont want to do this. I tried playing on my drive just as a last resort work around and even though my latency and fps was fine, it took a long time for everything to load every time i got to a new area.

I haven’t had any lag or crashes today, I think they did a fast hot fix?

2 Likes

Able to do keys, visions, dungeons, dailies, the works.

To add on I did the lower particles and the selected graphics card.

The only buggy thing is I don’t see certain abilities ( aura on DH, frozen orb on mage, etc )

2 Likes

same here, I recently did a heroic warfront, world pvp, and a battle for nazjatar(against a ruin group), and i haven’t crashed once. I did crash earlier in the day, so fingers crossed they figured it out

2 Likes

Update after a few more tests.

• able to run a 10 key, as well as a 3
  • able to do islands and do big pulls

Downsides:

• still can’t see certain aspects consisting of some mythic mechanics ( green goo in Kings rest, I can’t see the ground affect )
  • still certain abilities I can’t see, like my aura on my DH, and my frozen orb on my Mage. Have yet to look at my other toons.
2 Likes

The inability to see certain effects is almost always tied to using a low setting for graphics, as some of the effects in the game require higher graphics settings to see, especially auras and ground effects. Sadly for many right now, using higher settings results in an unplayable game in any situation, world or dungeon. :frowning:

4 Likes

I’m just happy I can play the game now at least. Though having the visuals would be nice and helpful for keys and what not, but I’m not complaining, just happy to finally be able to do stuff. Going to do as much as I can while it’s playabken

1 Like

*playable too

Playable for me tonight. WQs, elites with lots of other players around, and a vision - not one hiccup.

Didn’t dare try to run a key but the above things have been insta-crashes for me since 8.3 and no issues tonight. Is this fixed?

Edit to add: I even ramped up the graphics from 1 to my usual 3. No dramas.

Just crashed in mechagnome workshop heroic. Not sure if “playable” is the right word.

*edit still freezing in dungeons. Also experiencing a new problem where the rest of my party will freeze and and I’m left to roam around. During this time I cannot attack anything but I have full control of my player and the game to it’s easy to close the window

Edit 2** I’m actually have more success when graphics are at 3 instead of 1 or 2

1 Like

I’m having my doubts about the file corruption from the crash.
Even if that did happen, Macs are really easy to do a wipe and restore from a Time Machine back up, not sure why they would need to resort to a professional wipe of the HD.

I was hoping the hotfix yesterday solved the problem, and after reading some posts I decided to test it with an M+7 Atal’Dazar. Computer froze up during ready check, I’m like “Oh God here we go”, key-holder must have inserted the key anyway despite it having been impossible for me to click ready. Lags out for maybe 40 seconds then I come back to find my group at Rezan.

Finished the rest of the dungeon with no issues whatsoever lagging, freezing, nothing. And that’s incredibly rare for me in instanced content.

Has anyone else noticed any improvements?

1 Like

Logged into Battlenet this morning and got a game update. Did a couple quests and it seemed to be smooth. I turned my settings back up to pre-patch levels and went and did the Uldum invasion, and have had no issues. Hopefully the issue has been resolved. I’ll try a raid group later and see what happens.

1 Like

So far killed the world boss in vale and a rare without crashing. First time in weeks so fingers crossed

1 Like

Yep. Did the same in a 30 person raid. Did not freeze up or crash.
MacBook Pro also seems to be running a bit cooler.

1 Like

Thanks for the update but I see nothing about how you plan on making things to the people affected by this situation I mean you got people talking about abandoning ship including myself so how do y’all planning on making us feel better about all this cause now we’re behind and a lot of of lost hard earned money because of this

1 Like

I’d love a rank 9 cloak on my main plus all the gear, azerite, and titan residuum I missed out on so I’m actually caught up

1 Like

My sub expires in 7 hours and I have no plans on renewing it because of the freezing. It has taken the fun out of the game. I cannot do raids so thanks to you Blizzard.

4 Likes

I just downloaded the client update and tried running an Arena Skirmish and crashed within 15 seconds. Still not fixed :frowning: