Crashing, freezing, and stuttering after 8.3 [Intel GPUs]

Yeah I’m about to make the switch over to FF if something doesn’t happen

1 Like

We can’t even run final fantasy on Mac pretty sure it’s not for us unless you want to bootcamp it

I’ve played it every day this week on my Mac…it works.

That was true when the game first came out, but there’s been a Mac client since 2015.

1 Like

Well there wouldn’t be 1k posts if it worked.

6 Likes

I wonder does Blizzard know that it is a kind of FRAUD? they sell a product that is playable in Mac and in Windows (they allege). Moreover, they sell pre-Shadowlands for both Mac Users and Windows Users. However, the game/patch is broken for Mac Users and when you want to get your money back (refund), they told it is final sale. Also they blame Mac os. WTF!!! does they know something or care about CONSUMER RIGHTS LAW???

7 Likes

I am sure after blitzchung they sure as hell don’t care

1 Like

Sorry, meant I’ve played FF14 everyday this week on my Mac. I should have quoted the guy I was responding to who thought FF14 didn’t work in Macs.

Also, they must have stopped giving refunds? I was given one when I unsub’d Tuesday of this week. Is there a way to post pics here? I’ll post the email they sent me so you have proof they’ve refunded other customers.

Have they still not fixed this! >.< we better get a free month play out of this cause its ridiculous

Still not fixed and probably not going to get a fix for awhile at this rate

I did a ticket, they just say sorry and no refund.

I put my graphics on 1 (the lowest setting) and found that it happens less but it still crashes and times me out. I can play for a good 15 minutes before a crash now (instead of the 5 minutes I could before)

If anyone has a better fix, please let me know.

1 Like

Tonight while playing I only encountered a little bit of tearing. At first I had no screen freezes and no crashes. I was even able to pull several mobs at once. I switched characters to test the screen freezing over the lunar rock. At first I thought it was fixed, but then the screen froze, although it doesn’t seem to be as bad. There’s no spinning wait wheel (beachball), it just freezes for a few seconds and comes back. Then I got on another character and fought some twilight cultists in Silithus. Again, at first I thought everything was better. I even signed up for a classic dungeon. While waiting for the queue, I fought some more cultists. But then the screen froze with the spinning wait wheel again. So when the screen came back I gave up on the LFD queue.

So, it might be a little better tonight but I’m not sure that my results weren’t just variance.

MacBook Pro (14,1)
MacOS 10.14.6
WoW Client 8.3.0.33115 (x64)
Intel Core i5 2.3 GHz (2 cores)
Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640
16 GB RAM

Definitely haven’t had a change for the better in game play after this so called “fix”. I’m freezing more often in content that wasn’t freezing before. Now in dungeons on small pulls and even in world quests, or sitting there doing nothing I’ll freeze.

I definitely suspect the bug is in intel driver. blizzard just clearly found a way to tickle it wrong way. it’s really kind of bad on both ends because blizz takes a lot of heat for something that they probably weren’t nessesarily doing wrong but all users see is “blizz changed something, and things broke, blizz fix this”. but it’s more involved when it involves a system level driver and blizz has to contact them, so they have a bug issue created for it, then try to work around bug in meantime which may or may not be that easy.

For example as I said they already tried some 8.2.5 code rollback, clearly it didn’t help, and they have to dig deeper, without also breaking 8.3 in process because it obviously added/changed SOMETHING that was needed.

Just don’t take no answers, or long waits for answers here as them not caring. It’s not a simple issue.

11 Likes

Don’t rule out N’zoth.

3 Likes

I thought it was the baruk stoneshapers freezing our computers. They turned my character to stone and then the rainbow circle started turning leading to a crash. I was like wow thats a very powerful spell!!!

3 Likes

Can Blizz explain why some of us were bug free for a few days, and now we’re back to this plight? really frustrating with little to no logic to explain why this is. You have lost potentially thousands of subscribers due to this - cancelling my sub until this is fixed.

I have been having all the issues listed above. Have Blizzard even publicly acknowledged that there is an issue or that theyre working to fix it? obviously there isnt a timeline on a resolution of the issue either.

1 Like