Crashing, freezing, and stuttering after 8.3 [Intel GPUs]

Has there been any resolve or any update? I’ve tried about everything and wow is just completely unplayable until I sit still, that having NO lag and no FPS issue. My FPS doesn’t even go down, just the entire game freezes instantly and even crashes my entire MacBook causing a restart. Super frustrating

2 Likes

Having the issue on my 2017 MacBook Pro. Super annoying when this happens.

Me too! I thought I was safe.

I am still experiencing the same issues as described by many above. I am unable to progress past stage 6 and 7 with Magni in intro quest scenario without laptop crashing making 8.3 content inaccessible. Also any group content, raids, even low level dungeons will result in pinwheels and laptop crashes. Pretty much reduced to solo play to content prior 8.3.

MacBook Pro 2015 13 inch
2.9 intel processor
8gb ram
Iris graphics

Same problem for me as well. Even on outdoor quests in certain zones it freezes like crazy.

MacBook Pro Mid 2015 with a core i7 and Radeon R9 M370X.

Only way I’ve been able to make it playable is in windowed mode but not full screen. The freezing stopped but I see a lot of stuttering.

Hoping for a fix on this ASAP.

All of us Mac users should be rewarded with quest, raid, islands, and horrific visions items for the week since we can’t perform them. I tried to raid yesterday and was frozen multiple times, had my computer crash completely, and in the end gave up because it happened too often to keep trying.

We are falling behind because of the issue, and it’s not something we should be penalized for at the start of a new patch.

3 Likes

Dealing with unending complaints must be exhausting for the devs, who are understaffed without the QA team blizzard let go. I super appreciate that they’re working on it.

I’m seriously hindered by this also, but looking forward to the fix. Thanks for staying on top of it.

The product you provide is world class.

2 Likes

world class product

That’s a kekw

1 Like

Well, I’m confused… because this was happening on the PUBLIC TEST REALM too (before the patch was released on live). Did no one say anything or did the devs completely ignore it… They could’ve handled it then and there and put a holt on the release of the patch because what’s the point of releasing something not everyone can play?

Delaying the patch likely wasn’t an option because activision quite literally has their balls in a vice grip, they have deadlines to meet etc. still completely unacceptable for this to slip through the PTR in the first place. Nowadays the PTR is more for advertisement through streamers and influencers than actual testing

1 Like

yeah that’s understandable, but I hope they have this fixed by the raid release or I’m just going to be disappointed because I’ve literally been gearing my chars for raiding lol.

I think there are more than 350 users experiencing this issue and to me not only have lost subscription time but progress into the cloak leveling, mythics on the week, pvp and it is likely that due to this (in my case) won’t qualify for next week raid team at my guild.

At least blizz should allow us to get the vessels in return to be able to get the cloak to level and rewards that miss out due to this. it is a longshot but i value that more than 1 week of game time that probably wont be enought to catch up in progress. (progressing guild members feel me)

However, it is part of releases to have bugs and such and i will patiently wait for an answer before deciding to cancel my subscription (not really what i want to do as i enjoy the game way too much)

Ciao

4 Likes

Ok good so it’s not me. It happens in close cluster groups when a lot of things are going on. But yeah I stopped doing visions because it would lock up and I would die.

Yes this issue is definitely very annoying, I myself was able to reduce the freezing to a very minimal level. But let’s be real here, if you’re willing to cancel your subscription over this, how much did you value this game in the first place? That’s just ridiculous. Hopefully we are compensated in some way though.

3 Likes

Hi Caterpepi,

Any news on whether the 3 hour maintenance this morning was utilized to deploy the fix for this issue?

no clue yet.

Nope, it was not added. I just joined a pug raid to stress test and I stuttered twice and then completely crashed before even reaching Sivara.

Blizzard this is a joke. You said your team found a resolution and did not even bother to deploy it during the 3 HOUR window for MAINTENANCE you guys had this morning. You’re reaching incompetence on levels that has not been seen before. Don’t lie to your customers. Tell us the truth and stop speaking in vague terms with undetermined timelines and false hopes. We need to plan our days and just waiting on you to make stuff right is not feasible and is not the way we deserve to be treated.

5 Likes

After the maintenance this morning, I was doing a battleground and my laptop actually just exploded. Who can I talk to about this?

-Sent from my iphone

1 Like

Am having the exact same issue, rainbow wheel and game freezing for ten seconds or so which increase in length until my computer totally crashes and reboots itself. Turned my graphics down to the absolute lowest settings possible, have no addons installed, nothing helped. Game is unplayable for mac?

The issue became apparent before doing the main 8.3 questline - first crashed my entire comp in an island expedition. Then made the game utterly unplayable in the room with the light puzzle, crashed my entire computer (2017 Macbook air, updated with Catalina) multiple times before I gave up.

Did no one notice this on the PTR?!

Blizzard says they have a fix, but have yet to apply it for some reason.

1 Like