Crashing, freezing, and stuttering after 8.3 [Intel GPUs]

Same. 2017 MBP on Catalina. Sudden random freezes usually followed by a machine crash since the 8.3 patch. Game ran perfectly prior to then.

2 Likes

That are not sure the fixes will work, clearly.

I had this problem multiple times yesterday and today. Most freezes are only a few seconds, but once last night and so far once tonight there was a much longer freeze that forced my computer to reboot.

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro13,2
Processor Name: Dual-Core Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 2.9 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 4 MB
Hyper-Threading Technology: Enabled
Memory: 8 GB
Boot ROM Version: 263.0.0.0.0
SMC Version (system): 2.37f21
Serial Number (system): C02T3BPSHF1P
Hardware UUID: 2C0FF27E-7519-5C60-B09A-7949F37A3956

Same issue with my iMac, completely new with 8.3. Game will randomly freeze for several seconds. Worse, I just had a character in a Maelstrom scenario, and the game started to freeze every few seconds, until finally it just locked up altogether, could not be force quit, requiring me to shut down the computer to escape it.

I found a solution, bought an Asus ROG

1 Like

Thanks for the continued reports. We are investigating this and will post more info once it’s available to us.

Please include system information in your report if possible. This info helps us track affected devices. Here is a great example of what we need (thank you Kailay):

4 Likes

So I am seeing major freezing since latest WOW update. On Mac

Macbook Pro, 2017, 13inch, 3.5ghz Dual Core i7
16GB Ram
Intel Graphics 650

Running Catalina 10.15.2

When it freezes I get the mac spinning “not responding” wheel.

I am also having the same issues since Visions patch came out. Before this no problems at all. Now I can’t do anything without freezing and crash.

I also get the spinning wheel

Any updates?

so essentially the game is unplayable right now. As tons of others have said, any high graphics requiring content (BGs, dungeons, etc) causes the game to just freeze for a minute or two on mac.

Solo content/questing is fine.

I know that there’s already a thread for this, but I just want to see if the mods lock and move this one to the existing thread.

Because if you have time to do that, you have time to drop me 2 lines and say that you know its an existing problem and are working on a fix. we havent heard anything yet…

A few more days and i’ll just cancel sub til shadowlands, assuming thats not buggy either.

1 Like

It will be. Blizzard doesn’t care about macs anymore because it doesn’t help their Chinese profits. Blizzard is. Chinese company now , plain and simple

Wait, so you want my system serial number… none of that fixes or tells you why, the 8.3 caused the issue is every Mac.

1 Like

I will give it until Saturday, if not fixed I am just done. This is a bit crazy.

Mac OS catalina 10.15.2
MacBook Air (13-inch, 2017)
processor 1.8 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5
memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
startup disk Macintosh HD
graphics Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536 MB

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports)
2 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5
8 GB 1867 MHz LPDDR3
Intel Iris Graphics 540 1536 MB
C02SP5XDGVC1

Stop posting your serial numbers.

2 Likes

yeah dont ever post your mac serial number its like post your social security numbers dont do that

you didn’t get apple care.

yes i did i never leave home without it lol

that wasn’t to you, but lol. Just posted to show an example of why not to post serial numbers. I don’t wish to do damage but they need to know not to do that.

Totally get it and I saw that it was to somebody else. Just trying to joke as I know this is a very frustrating issue for a lot of folks. Back to why I originally came back to the forum though. Now when you open the Battle .net launcher there is “breaking news” about scheduled maintenance tomorrow… Maybe just maybe they are trying to do a hot fix? Hopefully. Totally shouldn’t have to guess about this though. They really should just release a damn statement