Crashing, freezing, and stuttering after 8.3 [Intel GPUs]

I’m suspending my subscription until a fix is released.

3 Likes

Or, Already at this moment, only we need to know if you are working on it? and a little description about what is the issue’s cause.

1 Like

I have been experiencing random in game freezes as well, lasting 10-15 seconds. Usually after a blink or some fast moving mechanic as well as flying down to the boat in Zul.

1 Like

Speaking from my experience as a dev, the issue could be just about anything causing this issue.

As for tracking it down, some bugs, honestly are a nightmare to reproduce on a dev machine, and sometimes it’s some simple small thing you just don’t think about.

Yes it would be nice to hear from Blizz about an update, but they could be having some issues on their end, the Mac team could be held up somehow.

The thing is we don’t know.

I’m sure Blizz will handle it, they’ve stuck by Mac gamers for what… twenty years now? This is thru multiple os/cpu changes, etc.

GL HF out there all, I know right now it’s not easy.

2 Likes

Just want to add myself into the case, I have experienced same issue with my macbook pro 2019 as well. I am pretty sure it is nothing about computer nor addons, anything added by 8.3 will freeze the game occasionally for about 10-15s, and after several times of freezing it will cause computer to shutdown. It will happen more frequently when doing Uldum or Pandaria quest that has light effect. I always get freezed when I am around the event in Uldum which ask us to light up the status. I hope this could be solved ASAP but it does not seem to be possible within the few days…

2 Likes

Also wanting to add myself Into the case

MacBook Pro 13inch 2016.
Freezes with Mac spinning wheel and crashes.

1 Like

MacBook Air 13-in, 2017.
Any time I go into a battle for a quest, dungeon or just running around my computer freezes (with the rainbow spinning cursor) for a good 3 minutes and then crashes/restarts.

Blizzard had some suggestions but nothing worked.

2 Likes

Just lost a vision to this bull, thanks blizzard your awful QA control. Awful awful awfuuuuuul

4 Likes

They are still telling people to do steps A-E to fix it, knowing those fixes don’t work. Yesterday, I understood telling people to try reinstalling the game and such to see if it works. But a lot of time has past and by now they should know, THAT DOESN’T WORK!

Blizzard could save face by just saying, “We know there is an issue and we are working to fix it.”

It creates the illusion that they’re doing something, that they’re trying, when clearly they’re not because they haven’t even bothered to give us one single update.

I’m about to demand a refund for my subscription because this is just downright ridiculous

1 Like

I too wasted a horrific vision to this problem, hooray for being permenantly behind now, and GMs are unsympathetic regarding the technical problem and refuse to restore the item, fair play I guess. But this issue was manifesting in PTR from what I’ve heard. Pretty incredible that issues like this can even roll out to live

1 Like

maybe the answer will be like: “Change the SO, move to Windows, and let it be…”

I wouldn’t be surprised. They didn’t give us Over watch, looks like they aren’t giving us diablo 4. They’re probably abandoning us because lolchina is their baby now lol what a joke welcome to the new world folks

This has become a thing in gaming where companies don’t test there product fully before putting it out there. Just look at WWE2020, I have not played it, but I read about the mess they game had. There are number of examples for that.

Still freezing game /crashing game in Vault of Lights in the Halls of Origination. This time I actually get an error code to pass along… EF03DD8E-3A15-4259-AA88-856180596D87 Basically, as soon as Stage 7 begins, the trouble begins, if not before. I can enter the vault, no problems, but once I reach the lowest level with the moving floor, my framerate of 60 drops to 6. If I make it until I can attack the 3 patrolling mobs and freeze the game, I can die and release and have no problem with framerate dropping until I get back down to that moving floor, at which point the game starts to freeze again. I have no addons at this point, have uninstalled/reinstalled the game and fully updated my late 2015 iMac (v10.15.2) (Intel Iris Pro Graphics 6200 1636 MB // 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5 // 8GB 1867 MHz DDR3) . Running the scenario in windowed mode (the only suggestion i got from Blizz in the way of “help”) made no difference. Out of time, patience and 3 days behind in 8.3 progression. Unacceptable for raiding. Did you even have Mac users invited to the Beta Testing? This type of issue every patch/expansion for Mac users.

5 Likes

:sob: Now, who can save us?

1 Like

I also found the game not only freeze in new area but also when grouping with others in old raid for transmog run… I don’t know whether it is because other people are bringing corrupted gear which has effect that make the game freeze or it is the whole system’s problem…

2 Likes

Nzoth is corrupting our Macs

8 Likes

Not sure if anyone else noticed, graphic settings are not changing. it is set a 3 so I lowered it. Nothing changed. I have changed every setting and it is still running at Max even though I have changed the settings. Odd.

To add my information to the mix:

Mac OS Version: MacOS Catalina 10.15.2
System model: MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)
Graphics: Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB
Symptom: Gonna get a bit long-winded, so here we go:

There are some severe freezes and crashes, the most problematic of which have occurred in Uldum - at the Solar Collector, where the game froze repeatedly until it crashed, rinse and repeat four times before I was able to get my character out - and in the Halls of Origination - where one of my alts is currently stuck in phase 7, unable to complete because the game freezes me to death. The N’Zoth Heart Chamber invasion part of the intro quest line was also problematic.

In addition to these places, I often experience freezes to crashing in dungeons, to the point that I have stopped queuing and have stepped back from participating with my guild until I can get things resolved.

On top of the freezing and crashing, my FPS has tanked with 8.3. I have brought my settings to the lowest they can go, removed all add-ons, wiped my settings, and run the repair tool several times. The issues persist.

4 Likes