Cranky Quarantine Thread

Just remember to be careful, because the cheapest option doesn’t give you any level boost with it like you normally get with the base version.

Hmm.

If that’s the case, then I’ll forgive them. I checked out the different tiers and as usual there’s nothing I want in the extra fancy versions, so that just saves me money.

If I get it, that is.

I’m just so sick of them wanking over how so totally awesome Sylvanas is. I just can’t get invested in this expansion when it means more Sylvanas (and likely Nathanos).

9 Likes

I’d have more patience for it if their “enthusiasm” hadn’t led to them decimating everything interesting about the character. It’s the same thing they did to the Horde.

6 Likes

This is my thoughts exactly. I was so excited for an expansion announcement and then the cinematic hit and it killed my excitement. Just another Sylvanas fapfest. It gets tiring as hell.

Even worse they are for sure going to absolve her of all her crimes, mass murder, genocide, etc and let her become the new “Jailor” when she betrays the current one. I am calling it!

6 Likes

Don’t worry in another 15 years someone she killed who’s the new writing team’s favorite will come up to her and casually Guilty Gear XX combo her from 100% to Destroyed and then free us all from the cycle of Death and the Jailor by breaking the Plate Bra of Extra Domination which will open a portal to Supershadowlands, Wrath of the Lich King: Kind Of? Part 3 where we’ll go to the Megamaw and fight the Jailor Plus.

2 Likes

Give it time, they’ll find a way to put us back on the treadmill.

You just described Dark Souls.

1 Like

I’m big late to the party so I’m not gonna pretend to have skimmed everything.

There’s like, a couple incredibly rough pretenses of a few good features / attempts at a product and it’s all grossly overshadowed by the mountain of reaching and assss pulling they had to do to accomplish the rest.

If I wanted to go full offended, I’d begin a rant at how grossly money grubbing the expansion appears given that no less than the end of the trailer on the very first day of reveal before the previous expansion is even ended a big slapping “PRE ORDER NOW” kicks in your teeth and makes hands for your wallet. They’re finally producing player demanded fixes and features as old as fifteen years of criticism and it’s… Like, the bare minimum?

The whole opening feels immensely disgraceful but I guess we’ll see how the Alpha/Beta goes. Hah.

I’ll say what I said earlier.

These neat changes–the level squish, the better customization, other things–would have had more positive meaning if they had been done years ago. It would have been believable, then, that they were being implemented based on player feedback and as a gesture of respect for their subscribers. There was nothing stopping them from, for example, giving us actual black or asian skin tones, hair, and facial features before.

Instead it all rings as just a hollow, ghoulish effort to emotionally manipulate their fans into turning a blind eye to their awful company culture and intensely disappointing recent decisions. We’re so sorry. Look how sorry we are.

And I just can’t get excited about much of this when it comes with such ethical baggage.

6 Likes

Pretty much where I’m at.

My current outlook is “wait and see,” and I feel like that’s being generous in the context of how Blizzard has been lately.

1 Like

Yeah, there was nothing about Blizzcon announcements that made me regret deleting all of their stuff from my PC. I’ve already played one expansion where we go through a rift to save the world, and I don’t trust Blizzard to do it even a fraction as well.

The Overwatch 2 stuff is downright infuriating. D4 is meh but there’s not much to go on other than “wooohooo grimdark”

3 Likes

You know the more I think about it the more I feel like I would be able to stomach the Syl v. Bolvar fight more if it didn’t seem so bloody one sided. The one moment where it seemed like she actually finally got hit turns out to be a fake out followed by more bs pulled out of her cold grey butthole.

I’m quite convinced the Covenants are indeed Class Orders 2.0. To an extent that’s not too bad in an of itself but, given how things have been going how can I not think lowly of this?

I also hate the name Revendreth for the simple reason that it reminds me of that Dunmer from Oblivion who trolls you in prison.

I also can’t help but feel like adventuring in the afterlife to fix life and death is the very peak of how high the stakes can go.

I also can’t help but feel the very premise of these worlds is yet another iteration of places that should be much bigger than what they’re being used for.

9 Likes

I don’t know if I’m alone here, but it feels like we were too optimistic in thinking this was going to be Wrath of the Lich King 2.0 because it feels more like Warlords of Draenor 2.0.

-Fallen Warchief, after committing genocide, flees into new world via goofy magic that we won’t talk about again.
-Oh no, here comes those guys so Azeroth can be threatened again.
-We must join with an old hero to leap into the portal and confront our foe.
-Oh no, the foe is much bigger than we anticipated and we narrowly escape.
-Now let’s get aid from the locals and fuh fuh fuh.

There’s not even trains in the Shadowlands.

18 Likes

No this covenant system is from Dark Souls. Only it’s probably gonna be even worse since covenants got worse and worse as the series went on.

Can I just share this here too?

“If you are a Sylvanas loyalist, the things she said to you at Windrunner Spire were meant to wrap up that specific storyline. She’s basically saying “You were with me, you made these choices, you were on the right side of it. Those choices can’t save you from what’s to come.” So it was meant to wrap up that arc because it was not something we wanted to carry forward.”

because my god Blizzard

8 Likes

“Y’all were whining about choices so we threw you a bone, nothing was ever gonna come of it.”

1 Like

why can’t I join a guild with horde people yet the war is over

i mean not that I’m in a guild anyway.

but maybe I would be if I could hang out with horde people!!

I guess this means that Tyrande is so consumed with vengeance that the war will be reignited yet again. yay…

2 Likes

“What are we if not slaves to this torment?”

“Well, we can maybe become the slave masters, literally sending people to hell?”

“… I like your thinking.”

3 Likes

Just wanted to point out that getting cheers for no Azerite/AP grind heavily reminds me a bit of claims of no lootboxes in other games. They’ve got that same energy.

5 Likes