CPU Throttles after opening menus

Sometimes when I open my character screen, the world map, or covenant table, my cpu goes from ~10% utilization down to ~2% which causes me to get very low fps (~6 fps). Sometimes it persists after re-opening WoW, It lasts usually for around 10-60 seconds. Anyone else experiencing something like this?

It’s not stuttering. The FPS is consistently low and the whole time when an episode happens. It also appears to be CPU related and not GPU.

I notice this as well specifically on one character (my priest). I have uninstalled the game completely, deleted the left-over folders and reinstalled the game. My drivers are up to date. It appears to happen with anything quest related. Very frustrating, support was not helpful and advised me to file a bug report. I don’t understand why one hand can’t talk to the other.

Because it creates a lot of traffic and takes developer attention away from current projects. They stopped passing things on from the forum a while ago. However, there is a different team monitoring bug reports for the developers, so you post stuff like this there to bring it to their attention.