CPU issues

WoW for some reason crashes my computer, and I had to remount my CPU to enable my computer to power one, WoW is the only game that causes this issue, I have tried many others, anyone have any idea how to fix this or why it might be?

1 Like

have you tried deleting the wow client and doing a fresh install? update all drivers? Also, im not sure what re-installing your CPU and WoW would have to do with one another unless the CPU was overheating. This may be a HDD, RAM, or driver issue. The inability to power on is also interesting as that is typically a hardware issue not software.

Yep, complete reinstall, all drivers are up to date, through the control panel even. The CPU isn’t overheating now, I wasn’t eyeing it before, but now when I run it, it doesn’t seem to break 68ish C, my mobo has a quick reference set of lights for easy diagnosing, and the CPU light was on, which prompted me to see if I had burned it up, which there was no sign I did, no smell, no visual difference. My SSD is what I had assumed the problem was, and I chose to ignore the mobo and reseat the CPU and everything worked again, so maybe its a red herring. But yes, all software things are done, and my hardware should have no trouble running WoW.

You’re better off going into the tech forum if this is a WoW specific problem.

When you say crash, do you mean you’re blue screening? What is happening exactly?

Crash to nothing

Did you try the following already?
Run the Repair Tool.
Uninstall + delete the WoW folder and then reinstall? I don’t remember if uninstalling will remove everything, but there are times old files linger.

When did this start happening and what changed? (New hardware/New Updates/ Overclocking/etc…)

Again since its a WoW specific problem, the people over in tech forum will provide more insight.

WoW can push both CPU and GPU now. What is your full PC spec inclusive the power supply? Age of the PC?