Covenants = Recipe for disaster

That’s fine, what about +15s? +20s?

This has already been argued in this thread. The overall TEP data isn’t helpful.

I’ve raided in top 200 raiding guilds, I would not be having a fun time playing a spec I love if I was bottom of the pack and still parsing well. I would be sitting on bench because other better specs would be viable.

Classes being unfun does not equate to classes being unbalanced. That is the problem.

Yes, currently, MOST specs are very unfun.

HOWEVER, all classes are as balanced as they ever have been to date. The difference in performance between bottom pack and top META is less than 7.5K dps and that is like super top guilds. Both things don’t have to mean the same.

Interesting post, we shall see, loved the rental abilities comment been feeling that way for a while now.

Bad faith argumentation is a bigger problem for GD than flagrant trolling.

2 Likes

And this is where the 0.1% of content comes in I directly referenced.

Its helpful to show that you are in fact able to complete that content as those specs.

So once again. Being in a top 200 guild would qualify.

Its like you disagree with everything I say…then end up agreeing?

My literal point is that every spec is viable for all content expect the hardest m+ and being in a top end raid guild.

Your reply is “Nope, you are wrong. Just look at mythic+20 and how I wouldn’t have fun in a top 200 guild with a bottom of the pack spec”

2 Likes

If this is a big concern for you just level up a few characters and spread the risk out.

And this is very ironic.

That’s not really what i’m arguing. We’ve gone on a tangent that’s unhelpful. My main stance is the classes right now are super unfun and I shouldn’t even be arguing on those stats anyways. I apologize for even bringing it up.

How is that ironic?

My second quote just reaffirms the first one as it still wouldnt bother people just doing RP/theme play.

Why should I need keystone timers or hard enrages for my RPG decisions to matter?

Why should I have to play on hard mode to get to play an RPG instead of Cookie Clicker?

Well said i suppose.

Just sucks that the game and players suffer.

1 Like

Blizzard said that if you end up not liking your Covenant for whatever reason, you can go back at anytime and select a different one.

1 Like

Yeah and then he added “at a price” Then went on to elaborate that it would be a significant one as they want the convent to be an very important decision so they are meaningful and lasting.

Player Base: We want more meaningful changes!

Dev: Here you go!

Player Base: OMG why should I get punished for changing!?

Player Base: Why can’t we just earn all the rewards for every faction?

Player Base: WHY DON’T YOU LISTEN?!

This spec got nerfed, time to invest time into a new class!

You are also ignoring all the soulbind talents that very well could be better than the actives.

Exactly. My issue is that not only does this approach provide the sole benefit of the “cost” to Blizzard - but it also is putting a barrier in the way of people playing optimally.

Why would you ever want your players not to play optimally if they’re willing to put in the time and effort to figure out the best combinations of our options for every encounter?

These soulbind abilities will further add to mess that will be convents. They are taking the worst parts of azerite armor which was being unable to get the correct traits and doubling down on them to create this system that make switching/acquiring these abilities even more difficult.

These Rental abiltiies need to be abolished so we can just enjoy the classes for what they are.

they need to keep the talent tree portion separate

I should be able to befriend a dude in deadplace or vampireplace and call upon them independent of my cov. You can obviously have soulbinds that are covenant specific, but that should be an exception rather than the rule.

I’m really excited for covenants. They look really interesting. As for borrowed power more games are doing this because they argue that it can be used to fight power creep. Not sure that will be much benefit here because that happens every expansion regardless.

As for balance we will see. They might pull it off. I’m going to wait for the whole picture before freaking out.

No, I will not sit back and wait for this crap to materialize in our face. The time for feedback is now to prevent disaster.

Its vitally important to the health of the game that we are proactive and not reactive.

While devs may be open to criticism they usually go with their vision first. We will need to see the entire thing in order to poke holes in it. We don’t have enough information to give good criticism. If done right and they work to balance it the system might be good.