Covenant Solutions

Earliest achievements are 2019 and he has almost no mounts and 90% are from bfa, so it looks like he’s brand new.

1 Like

I can go make a fresh account today and have AOTC by the evening. What is your point?

Stop butting in when nobody is talking to you lmfao

literally nothing you interject with even makes sense.

I can’t even work out what you want blizzard to prove here?

I can’t even believe people are championing this idea

I think you’re putting way to much weight into the point it’s going to prove and way to much weight into a one time choice

1 Like

Some people seem to enjoy defending anything Blizzard does.

It’s not a one time choice though…

They said at Blizzcon you can switch if you want to.

“You can switch, but you’ll have to work for it.”

Oh boy, how can you ever live without that extra 1.5k dps? Your 70k dps just isn’t going to cut it. It has to be 71.5k dps or bust…

As for OP, people will get used to it. You aren’t going to be the ultimate at everything when you want to be. They will likely be ~10% of our DPS and will probably all be within 5% of each other. 5% of 10% is 0.5%. You’ll live…

and if thats the case it should just vanish

remember what happened to talent swaps costing money?

remember what happened to duel spec costing money?

we went from that to changing talents in a boss room

1 Like

I think he said he’s come from a different region

I’m not sure how things work when you swap over

I thought in legion your artifact weapon cost AP to respec or whatever? I forgot.

Anywho there have been good ideas from other posters on other threads for a fallback plan which would still have covenants mean something. Making it just another talent row isn’t exiciting.

Zoumz who I went back and forth with, suggested you can switch but you just have to grind the reps once. So maybe if you’re a super hardcore player. You just need to do all the covenant campaigns and then you can switch. You’re still doing work.

1 Like

Literally 0 suggestions in this thread are asking for that. I hope I never have to change Covenants from the one I pick for each character. This is about being able to pick a Covenant for any reason you want and not as a power requirement. The current system is going to be like if picking a specific transmog affected your dps. It’s an rp choice that will be informed by non-rp considerations.

Covenants are an outside world rp choice, so they need to be handled differently in instanced content. That’s all.

1 Like

I pretty much made a forum post saying that exact same stance and that’s what I think would be best for the game

1 Like

People have been asking for talents, it may have been in the other thread.

Which? The idea I found on reddit where you learn them as you go as a thank you?

So you help the nightfae through their zone and get to pick an ability? Then repeat for the each covenant. Then the covenant you select gets the soulbinds that buff your primary covenant choice?

I honestly don’t think you even read the op. You just saw a Covenant thread and came in guns blazing, arguing against what you assumed was being said.

Yeah that’s what I want

I don’t care if I have to do dailies for them for weeks to get it as long as I can just unlock it for good

Have you seen their attempts at balancing things in this expansion? Just look at Corruptions as the most recent example.

Corruption being broken was an intentional bait and switch:

• They let one be super OP for a bit, causing people to spam content to farm for it
  • Then they nerfed it, making another corruption the new FOTM
  • People farmed for the next big thing, by spamming content
  • They nerfed it, making another corruption the new FOTM
  • Rinse/repeat

Like typical lemmings, people fell for it. It kept people playing though and helped pump up MAUs.

I read the thread which drifted from the OP and replied to the latest comments.

Also my first reply to was one of your comments, which said RP choices shouldn’t affect raiders, mythic + and PvPers and I said this was an RP game and shouldn’t lose that aspect about it.

Which I still agree too.

That suggestion of learning the covenant abilities through the zones, through RP and story, is a solution of sorts.

oh good lets let them do that again

like that time they did over dramatic nerfs on classes in legion after the first week of the raid and a bunch of people swapped specs

This is different though, you aren’t going to be able to FOTM hop around quickly.

It’s super normal for them to roll the FOTM wheel though. It keeps things fresh and more interesting. What cracks me up are the idiots that immediately hop to broken FOTM things and then get sad when they get balanced. Like come on, how myopic do you have to be to not see it coming?