Covenant mission table - XP & bonus follower XP

Some missions on the covenant tables have “follower xp” and “bonus follower xp”. Are both of these split evenly among all the “companions” on the mission? Or, do all followers simply get exactly the amounts shown (if successful)? Is it a mix of the 2?

Thanks.

bonus side question - do the “troops” get their level just from an average of your main companion level? thanks.

1 Like

My impression is that each companion gets the full XP, at least for bonus XP . A level 1 companion sent on a mission with a 1200 bonus XP reward will jump up 6 or 7 levels.

As for the troop level, I don’t think it’s just based on the average of your companions’ levels; if you pick up a new level 1 companion it lowers your average companion level but your troop level doesn’t go down. Right now it seems to me that the troops are 1 level below your highest level companion. My companion levels range from 32 to 14 with an average of 24, but my troops are level 31.

That’s odd because when I picked up one of the new companions from progressing along the storyline, my troops went from like 23 down to 20 or 21. I distinctly remember the troops going down in level :frowning:

Another possibility is that it’s the median of your companion levels. My companions are currently 32, 31, 31, 31, 16, 16, 15; the median of those values is 31 and that’s what my troops are. That would explain why I never noticed my troop level go down - until recently I had most of my companions up near the same level.

If I picked up a couple level 1 companions the median would drop to 16, which could be a real blow. I guess I better work on getting one of those 16’s leveled up.

Or is it the Mode?!! gaaahhh

This was the case at launch, it was hotfixed a couple weeks ago.

1 Like