Covenant Cosmetics/Armor and Alts Question

I know in 9.1.5 there were lots of changes to covenants and alts and all that…but I still can’t quite wrap my head around it all.

My main is Night Fae with Renown 80, covenant and Korthia campaigns finished, the whole deal. I saw on my Kyrian Rogue last night that I can transmog all of the Night Fae gear my Druid unlocked, including the initial campaign set. I didn’t have any of the Kyrian campaign leather unlocked though, because my main Kyrian character is a Hunter so she unlocked all the mail stuff. I could see and use some other Kyrian sets though, I’m assuming the non-armor-type specific items?

My question is: if I want to unlock all 4 armor types from all 4 covenants (leather from Night Fae, Kyrian, Necrolord and Venthyr, plate from all four, etc) do I have to complete the Covenant and/or Korthia campaigns 16 times? How many combinations of covenants and classes do I have to earn Renown 80 on?

Like…if I switch my Night Fae Druid to Kyrian, will I unlock the leather campaign appearances since my Hunter has already completed the Kyrian campaign, or will I have to complete it again on a leather wearer?

I believe you have to do the campaign 16 times.

Per blizzard.

Unlocking Armor-Specific Covenant Cosmetic Sets

Some covenant cosmetic sets are unlocked by armor type. These can be unlocked as follows:

• The covenant armor set must be the preferred armor type for the character that obtained it
  • Renown 80 for that covenant must be reached by the same character who obtained the armor set
  • This must be repeated for each armor type that you want to unlock

Example

Your priest unlocks the Necrolord campaign cloth appearances and earned 80 Necrolord renown. Your shaman would still have to unlock the Necrolord campaign mail set to make it available for other mail wearers on the account.

edit: I’m not sure if you can to do this though: get one character, get renown 80 for all covenants on that one character. Hopefully someone can answer. That way it’ll only be reach renown 80 on 4 characters.

Oof. In another thread, folks said I’d just have to get 80 renown once per covenant to unlock the cosmetic sharing for that covenant, but that I’d have to do the campaign 16 times to unlock all the different campaign armor types. I suppose that with the catchup to 40 plus the campaign renown and a few callings it won’t take too long to get 80 renown 16 times…but just oof. I don’t mind earning transmog, but this is a loooot of redundancy. Thanks for the link!

Im not gonna lie, I can’t find reliable info on this topic.

Here’s a post that also answers some stuff. Sorry I can’t be much of help, this area is still the wild west for most of us :sweat_smile:

1 Like

No worries, haha! The article you listed was helpful and almost cleared it up. I’m trying to submit a ticket to clarify, but the whole ticketing system appears to be down at the moment. Go figure!

1 Like