Covenant choice for Affliction

Is Night Fae much better than Kyrian for affliction warlocks? I have a Night Fae druid and I wanted to try a different covenant on my lock. Is it a bad decision to go with Kyrian if I want to do raids and dungeons?

Even after tuning, night fae is the only option for warlocks that want to take anything seriously PvP or PvE

1 Like

Depends on what you want to do. If you’re not pushing mythic raiding or high M+ keys, any of the covenants is fine. Night Fae is best, but the other covenants are viable. The Pelagos soulbind for Kyrian sims well for Affliction at least, though you’re losing out on Soul Rot.

3 Likes

And the mobility.

2 Likes

If you can’t get somewhere fast enough by lighting your feet on fire to make you hurry, it’s probably not worth going.

I like it because of the blink like ability and that it doesn’t deal damage.

You could always just do the Kyrian campaign, then swap to Night Fae afterwards. It only takes a few day or so to get completely caught up in renown and do the whole story.

Not getting far enough to pick a Covenant is the best option if you’re trying to win.

I’m giving up on my Lock and just going to stick with my Ele and Boomie for 9.0.5. First season on both, I’m already higher rating on them than my Lock that I’ve played since Wrath. I’m stuck around 2100 it seems like nothing I do impacts the game.

The only thing you’ll be to do on a Lock is raid. Bottom or barrel for PvP and mythic+.

NF is the best.

Kyrian isn’t terrible though. You’ll occasionally see a Kyrian afflock in the top 10 on logs for various raid fights, but its 10/10 NF or 9/10 NF most of the time. Pelagos is decent, but you’ll need to be good at sniping kills with Tithe though.

Nf is the only option for aff locks if you want get into groups.
Raids are what you want to do. M+ is subpar and pvp is horrible.

1 Like

Locks are not subpar in mythic plus. They just aren’t meta.

Can you please stop
Spouting poor information in every thread?

1 Like

NF is the only real choice. Soulshape alone helps solve Warlocks main problem. Soul Rot is also great. Does solid damage and draining 4 targets to heal back to full is fun.

Your choice is do you wanna be viable or not.
If yes: Night Fae.
If no: Anything else.

Going venth now. Sounds fun.

I like Kyrian, its more sustained ST damage, but NF provides more burst.

Better do it on Monday night(Tuesday night for EU), or you will be waiting a week before they let you switch back.

But yes it isn’t much to do and renown kinda levels itself if you follow the campaign and do callings, etc…