Couple of serious long term DH friends are out?

There is no reason why demon hunters need a 3rd spec

“Glaivemaster” is already in the havoc tree, you only have what 2 spells that “throws” glaives and you somehow want it to be a spec?

People been crying for 4 specs/more specs ever since druids got their feral spec split into tank/dps

But Andy’s didn’t understand that feral druid had to be split into 2 specs

Demon Hunters don’t really need another spec and if people want to quit their DH/game entirely because of it, please do

It’ll be one less rant to see

2 Likes

Yea, we don’t have to add more. It’s just that DHs don’t even have the bare minimum, which is 3.

I play Demon Hunter

We don’t need 3, because for starters if they ever gave demon hunters a 3rd spec, then we’ll be treated like every other class: expected to play the meta spec and be benched for the other spec

You can’t bench a demon hunter because raiders need one, liquid had a havoc dh in their world first completion

3 Likes

Yeah, the downside to having multiple DPS specs is that only one of them will be good at any given time. It’s much harder to leave a DPS spec in a bad state when it’s the only option for that class. But ask survival hunters what happens when other hunter specs are good–you drop to the lowest priority for tuning.

This really feels like something people think you want.

One of the DH in my guild is sad they can’t tank on an evoker. But that’s about it.

The fewer DH the better!

That DH doesn’t have a 3rd spec only hints at what I’ve been saying from the beginning: if it had to take abilities from warlock it shouldn’t have been a new class to begin with.

3 Likes

They definitely did lol

1 Like

I’ve been maining DH since late legion.
Aotc / m+2500 level player.

Idc about 3rd spec.
Idc about more races.

Would I be a Tauren DH if allowed? Yes

None the less, DH is really fun right now.

But… I do wish momentum was less mandatory or possibly reworked.

I like using fel rush and veng retreat freely as movement abilities and NOT as buff windows.

The glaive tempest build (non momentum) is pretty good and really fun imo but it’s obviously a bit behind momentum builds number wise.

2 Likes

That’s got to be the most awful reasoning to have less specs. Specially in DF, where most classes got a much better mechanical flow (even DHs, with their generic design got better). Unless you live off watching tests from top mythic players, it won’t make much of a difference. Might as well just go ahead and take away multiple dps specs from other classes.

About the whole Glaivemaster thing. I gotta say, that’s probably the worst concept ever added into the Demon Hunter class. I don’t even get why DHs are throwing their massive weapons around like they’re Rogues with shurikens/daggers. Specially when they can cast spells. It feels as right as a Hunter hurling their gun at someone’s face instead of actually firing it.

DHs have been wow daelings for a very long time, and only having two specs is a bonus. Less need to switch specs constantly.

As someone who loves demon hunter, I’d like a third ranged dps spec tbh.

1 Like

I mean the fact that people think they’re owed something because their class was here first or something is such an idiotic hill to die on. They obviously don’t care much about the game if this is the reason they’re quitting. Sounds like they’ve been waiting and looking for reason(s) to just finally call it quits.

I’ve played DH and Havoc since Legion and I disagree. To me, it has never been more boring to play (Havoc). The playstyle and fantasy that drew me to Havoc is all but gone. I don’t want to zip around like a cracked out monkey, and I agree, I don’t want to Throw Glaive either. The fact that I can’t play Havoc the way I enjoyed it from Legion through BfA and at least half of Shadowlands, has forced me into playing Vengeance full time.

1000%!

1 Like

Not really, no. Your friends like to whine. It’d be nice if Demon Hunters actually got a third spec but being real most people probably only play one or two specs per class, especially if it’s a pure DPS class.

This makes it sound like they’re leaving because evokers got 3 cookies and they only got 2.

Bigfoot seems like the type of guy who would play a DH.

I imagine all DH players have ape brains IRL as it is.

They haven’t quit though, they’re just upset. I think it is fair to be upset about something in WoW and I’m sure we’ve all said those words without following through with it. Lots in WoW frustrates me, but there is enough that keeps me happy and occupied to balance that out too.

1 Like

hey! It is a perfectly valid reason, what makes the evoker deserve more cookies than me? It’s not like mine had more chocolate/cinnamon or anything!

They don’t whine about sacrificing everything.

3 Likes