Couple of serious long term DH friends are out?

Just had a pretty lengthy conversation with probably the last couple of friends I have currently playing Demon Hunter. Both quitting because Evoker is already receiving a third spec, and they have been wanting for years at this point.

Apparently this is not uncommon, since the announcement of the new Evoker spec a lot have either been rerolling or quitting the game all together. How bad is the DH community right now? Are there really a lot of DH players upset by this?

I’m extremely curious how serious this situation is or if a lot of exaggerations are being made. They are part of several communities and have never lied before. They have been passionate about their class choice since it was created.

I really hope Blizz eventually comes up with something eventually because I do understand how they feel it is unfair. Just hoping someone has the tea for the DH community.

Thanks for the ones that stuck to the discussion instead of being weird and accusing me of making up stories for some reason.

EDIT: WoW Forum community trolls win. This place is so unpleasant and in every thread you have to sort through several personal insults before having a real discussion and Blizzard just allows it to happen. Good riddance.

7 Likes

Lol what a stupid reason to quit. Not over game breaking bugs, or shoddy story telling, or lack luster content……but because their feelings are hurt their class didn’t get a third spec?

Lol.

43 Likes

Who’s your friends? Bigfoot and the Loch Ness monster?

I been Playing demon hunter since BFA and evokers getting a new spec doesn’t bother me.

Infact anyone with common sense should have known they were bound to get a 3rd spec, they didn’t have any black dragon spells and rarely bronze

This new spec solves it

I honestly think you made up this story

13 Likes

Havoc performed well last season, and is still decent in dungeons this season. A lot to be desired on single target boss fights but they buffed Havoc twice recently and possibly more to come. As for Vengeance, it was meh to play last season but it is really strong this season (in my opinion) and fun.

There are problems with the talent trees though, and I hope they get reworks announced for both specs soon-ish. I can’t imagine DH needing a 3rd spec while there are very noticeable issues with their playstyles.

Speaking as strictly a Vengeance & tank main, I hate that most of their mitigation revolves around stacking a debuff on your targets to survive but also Blizzard wants them to kite and once you do that, you lose all your Frailty stacks and sometimes that can be punishing when you need to re-engage in melee range.

1 Like

DH tanking is still fun. They also have some of the cooler transmogs. Thats enough to keep me going

2 Likes

Absolutely.

4 Likes

it’s strange, because I can imagine many variations of specs for classes that currently exist, except for DH.

A plague doctor (healer) for rogues…Samurai for warriors, Ranged necro for DKs…Earth Shaman tank…Battle Mage (malee) for mages…Tinker class, with two specializations…

In fact, there is a possibility that each class has the 3 variations (healer, tank, dps) (not warriors).
A mage for example could very well have the “white mage” class for healing and a battle mage tank.
A hunter could very well have a tank class via pet (the hunter would mount a tank type pet, like a bear, and gain a new tank school) - and could have a healer spec, similar to druids.

this actually should exist to prevent a dps from spending an hour waiting in the queue for the random dungeon, during leveling.

But when I try to think of a new variation for DH, it’s difficult with warlocks in the game.

1 Like

Lol…why would I make up this story? You can go to the Demon Hunter forums right now and see people asking for a 3rd spec like they have been since the class released.

I mean I really don’t care what you either of you think either way. People like you always have something negative to say in attempts to troll pretty much every thread.

They both want different things. Mid range Warden tanking spec and a ranged DPS.

To me the Warden makes more sense but a class with 2 tanking specs doesn’t sound great .

Why does a class have to have three specs? I don’t understand. Within the havoc tree itself there are multiple builds and play styles. This is beyond stupid tbh.

5 Likes

Whoever the class lead is for Demon Hunters and Rogues is doing a terrible job and should be replaced.

Laziness should not be rewarded.

The poor darlings.

I kind of agree but why not, every other class will have 3, druid 4.
It adds more variety of playstyles to people that main it?..

1 Like

Wrong. This isn’t trolling. It’s opinion to an essay you wrote on an open forum. I am not the only one that thinks this is a stupid reason to quit.

Your “friends” have every right to stop giving money to something they don’t like. I just personally think it’s a stupid reason.

If I was trolling I would have called you and your “friends” stupid. I did not.

2 Likes

Honestly, you probably would have received more empathy/sympathy posting this in the actual DH class forum. As for a 3rd spec, I just want them to improve both existing ones first. You can’t even play the playstyle of Havoc that existed from Legion to SLs pretty much, and that disappoints me.

3 Likes

Sounds like a rather petty reason.

5 Likes

I’m not in touch with the DH community, but for me, the class is pretty generic and full of issues. I don’t see any problem when there’s love for other classes, specially for Evokers, but I do want some attention for DHs.

The class seems to have some strange design choices.

Like how Sigils seem designed to suck. How Eye Beam, Sigils, Darkness, Glaive Tempest, Chaos Barrage, etc, seem all to have been designed to be purposely awful, making the class have all the negatives of casters and melee at the same time.

How the class seem to be the “Aoe class” but doesn’t seem to actually take it far enough, with Chaos Strike and Imprision have terrible synergy with Fel Rush.

How Glaive Throw seem to be the only acceptable build precisely due to its range, since it fixes partially what makes the class clunky. (Got an awful animation too)

How Meta is absolutely boring, since it changes nothing, provides no new abilities or power ups, just more damage to 2 abilities.

Or how the resource generation is strange, always adding in chunks but requiring very specific values. As if the class was created with combo points in mind, but changed into numbers later.

The class, in general, feels like it was put together way too fast, with not much concern for synergy, simply trying real hard to make DHs different from Warlocks.

And don’t get me started on talents…

Guess I gonna make a couple posts on DH forums and leave some ideas for a 3rd spec and suggestions. Maybe Blizzard fixes some of this stuff. Idk, I lost a lot of interest in this class but can’t seem to find a new main, so… :dracthyr_shrug:

2 Likes

Was never asking for it. Was asking a question about the current state of demon hunter.

They want this too.

Welcome to the ignore list. Take care :slight_smile:

Bro, how are you level 75.

lmao.

1 Like

What would a third DH spec even be? What would be the story behind suddenly adding one now?

The only times Blizz has ever added a spec before evoker, which has lots of lore behind the why, is druid, and bear druids always existed as a sub spec of feral, it was just impossible to tune without having an actual spec for it.

Thank you for the detailed kind response. I was browsing their class forums this morning and there is actually a lot of good ideas in there. Hope to read over yours soon.

1 Like