Could This Play WoW Classic (WOTLK)

Hello,

I just wanted some advice from more advanced tech users as it relates to this game. I have an old MacBook Pro (Mid 2012) in really great condition. I’ve replaced the old HDD w/ an SSD and upgraded from 4gb to 8gb of DDR3 ram.

I know this is a very old machine, but I was still hoping I could use it to play Classic WoW?

I don’t expect amazing visuals I just want to be able to play the game.

Here are some specs that I’ve found for the mac.

• 2.9GHz dual-core Intel Core i7 processor (Turbo Boost up to 3.6GHz) with 4MB L3 cache
    8GB DDR3 Corsair ram
    256gb SSD
    1280x800 resolution

I haven’t completely finished the build yet as I’m waiting for the ram to come in, but I don’t see it being a problem to install.

If not, I guess it’s not the end of the world and I can still use it for web browsing and writing documents.

Thanks!

looks like you’re almost good… depending on your GPU

What OS version are you running (seen in Apple Menu → About This Mac)? I think that’s going to be the main determiner. None of the Classics are particularly demanding graphically, though if it’s a model with only an integrated GPU it probably won’t run that well.

Catalina - and I think it’s intel graphics 4000

Well, according to the requirements that Earthie linked, you’re ok on OS version but the Intel HD 4000 is just under the cut, with the minimum being Intel HD 5000.

I’m not sure how hard of a requirement that is though, it might technically run but poorly.

no the minimum is hd 4000

On Windows, yes that’s true. Under macOS the requirements are different (switch the the Mac tab).

ah you’re right… my mistake

Yes ignore other comments, you’re more than fine.

I dont know if they still do this, but Blizzard used to have a setup to where they could scan your software/hardware and check if your specs were good enough to run your stuff.

You used to be able to ask a GM to scan your specs and they would auto check for you in a live chat. It is possible they still do that. Cant hurt to give it a try.

You are fine btw. But still that path for next time.

Gaming on a mac… vomits