Could RBGs be changed to 5vs5?

So it is known that RBGs are pretty much dead, which is a shame considering that they were a fun addition at the time. However, due to the amount of people and communication required between 10 people, it has seen basically quick demise in BFA.

So I’ve been thinking, has there been any thoughts in changing RBGs from 10vs10 to 5vs5?

I’m only mentioning this because WoW developers talk about trying to make thing more accessible. However, RBGs have been less accessible than mythic raiding at this point. Having a smaller group people to coordinate in RBG would allow that, and it might push some people to try RBGs more often.

Did we used to have 5v5 RBG or was that arenas I’m thinking of?

Was arenas. There was talk of 6v6 RBGs this xpac but I guess they changed their mind.

1 Like

Anything is possible with old spice.

I remember seeing the talk of 6v6 RBGs. I do wonder how well that low number work with the kind of objective we see in typical WoW battlegrounds. However, I also think it would be a positive change for both participation and possibly getting more exposure at Blizzcon like Arena and Mythic+.

Honestly RBGs have never been so alive. In ques in alliance there are 3-5 groups of 10 people LFG much of the time.

However, I think 5v5 would be much more fun!

But the real solution is cross faction ques! Either horde or alliance can join an RBG group on either faction and play “for the horde” Or “for the alliance”

It basically already works like this but in a dumb way where it forces alliance to be horde. So why not just allow horde or alliance to post cross faction?

1 Like

I don’t have much experience with RBGs, but I’ve had fun in Deep Six brawls. It’s interesting when there aren’t seemingly omnipresent healers and balls of melee.