Could it be? PVP gear upgrade?

I’ve shared my feedback to that thread, I’m keeping a very watchful eye on it. I really think a PVP stat or set bonus is a huge mistake.

Isn’t huge mistake a little extreme? I mean it worked for freaking every expansion before legion and after classic…

It works, it makes pvp players happy, and it doesn’t ruin pve content. It’s great! No set or pvp power means blizzard now has to balance which is not going to be in the pvp players favor I promise you that.

It kills cross play and the accessiblity of arena.

You do realize you will need a separate set anyway because pve stats are not the same as pvp stats right? You need two sets anyway

You think you gonna bring your crit mastery to mid level arena and do well?

You also don’t bother to optimize your stats and just want one gear set for all activities.

Many of us like to optimize our gear, even those of us who are not the top 0.05% that you said should be the only ones that itemization should matter.

Yes, I do that on some of my alts. You don’t need to be fully optimized to be competitive.

That is simply untrue, please show me these alts rating with your pve gear on. Show it to me stop hiding behind that fake toon

That’s fine if you like optimizing your gear, but it just isn’t necessary. Just because you like doing it doesn’t mean it should be easy.

He is simply lying… You can not compete at mid high level versus haste vers players with your full mastery or crit mastery or whatever pve toon. You will not compete at a high level unless your skill is so far and beyond the opponent

What rating do you consider to be “high level”?

If you don’t have multiple sets now then you’re doing something wrong. Accessibility goes out the window for most of the specs. Vers sucks for most classes in pve yet its bis for pvp.

Arenas thrived when pvp stats were a thing. Arena right now is the most inaccessible it’s ever been with claw/drest/bike/getiku/etc.

Honestly I don’t believe you can compete at a mid level… Even at like 1750-2k range everyone is optimized very well. The only way you beat these players with crit mastery gear is if you are like a 2500 player playing vs lowbies just way outskilling them.

Typically in the past full bg gear was enough to easily make it in the lower 2k range, I never could cuz I’m not skilled enough, but good players could do very well in bc-wod with literally full bg gear.

Bg gear takes like 2 or 3 days my guy… You really saying 2 or 3 days is a barrier of entry?

This is the kicker, the barrier to entry is PVE right now and has been for 4 years!

Yet when they made arenas accessible for pvers it killed rated PvP participation in legion. It’s almost as if pvers like to pve and pvpers like to PvP. The few that do both are the exception.

Regardless there’s still a huge jump from pve to arenas that has nothing to do with gear. Abilities hit differently. Azerite traits are nerfed. Very different stat priorities.

1 Like

We tried this experiment and it doesn’t work. Making arena more accessible for people who really don’t want to arena while driving away people who really DO want to arena doesn’t help with overall arena participation. Crazy I know.

1 Like

That wording is certainly suspicious. I agree. “The strongest characters should be the ones who participate and excel in a wide range of activities?” What do they mean by, “The strongest characters?” And why are they the only ones who get to “Participate and excel in a wide range of activities?” They’re going to disbar people from content because they’re not “The strongest characters”, according to whatever standard Blizzard is using? I really hope this was just terribly worded.

Thanks for your time,

Barespanks

Where was this posted? why no link?

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/development-update-the-road-to-shadowlands/638371?u=frexorian-bleeding-hollow

It could mean anything as the definition of “strongest” is subjective. What it should mean in my opinion is that players who raid, M+, and arena get quicker access to gear as they have multiple sources of it. What it SHOULDN’T mean is a character is ultimately stronger and gets to be taken off the table as a potential kill target option because they have a tank trinket, or they get to force more cooldowns because they have a PvE weapon or OP dps trinket.

Playing multiple aspects of the game is also really it’s own reward and doesn’t need further incentive. You get more content, more access to various cosmetic rewards, a larger social network within the game, etc. There’s no reason why all of that+gearing up faster isn’t enough of a reward for people who legitimately enjoy and participate in all end game content.

1 Like