Could Holinka have possibly said anything worse?

Peak fire mage design imo. It was fast, hit hard, had lots of utility and alter time was a blast.

2 Likes

Yes, he could have said they were redesigning Disc again. I may still be salty.

You might not need it. But my mm hunter and sub rogue does

1 Like

God, I miss the deep freeze shatter combos as fire.

Was great until for some reason, fire mages weren’t allowed to use frost spells because…reasons?

We eventually all slipped on said ice, hit our heads, and forgot how to use em.

I miss chaining stuff like nova deep

I think everyone does. Sure required more setup than any other stun in the game, except maybe kidney.

They should try to revert classes to Cata or MoP, or at least take core elements from those. You can’t go back to Wrath becuase many key spells weren’t limited by role, Cata fire Mage/Spriest or Ret, MoP Ele or hunter (except readiness) come to mind as examples of prime designs.

1 Like

Don’t forget Mop subtlety.

It rewarded you for learning it, especially in pvp.

Cata Disc Priest yes please. I’d settle for MoP though.

My thoughts? Well, it only took them three expansions to figure out pruning and stripping class identity was a bad thing. I’m not holding out much hope until we see what they present in the beta.

I miss living bomb actually doing damage and was something you had to watch out for to dispel

They still think it’s good, they just lost enough people to force them to start listening to us.

They were hard on this stance for six years. It didn’t magically stop after BFA randomly.

Looking back, up until Mists I felt that player feedback was at least somewhat accepted if the issue was obvious and it made sense to act upon. Since Warlords, it seems to be the opposite. Obvious, widely know detrimental issues persist long past when they should be fixed or course changed. Something changed in the design culture or the feedback mechanisms during this time.

2 Likes

Well, we did get a new game director and a lot of important people left shortly after.

I recently hit 120, doubled my ilevel, and yet it’s still taking my warlock the same amount of time to kill a non-elite 120.

My pally, on the other hand, doubled his ilevel and saw his kill time cut by a third.

Is your warlock affliction? Destro is currently God tier and you can pull the same numbers as a 430 ret as a 410 destro.

Totems back is really the extent of changes I wanted.

I’m not having that issue at all. I wreck. /shrug

1 Like

If you don’t get stuff nailed down before it hits the test servers it doesn’t change… or change enough to make it viable. What we currently play hit test servers… opinions were given… zero cares were given by development.