Could Holinka have possibly said anything worse?

Short of Ion coming out and saying “Titanforging and azerite are here to stay!”, I think Holinka going - to paraphrase: “No major class changes are planned” is one of the last things people want to hear after BFA.

The three most notable examples that come to mind: Subtlety, Arcane and Enhancement are positively broken. They cannot be fix them with simple tuning adjustments unless you either A: Reintroduce their artifact passives, or B: Overhaul them entirely from the ground up.

Reversing the prune is an amazing idea and all of the abilities coming back are absolutely welcome - but I fear they are going to stick with Legion-design for the rest of it. What are your thoughts?

74 Likes

No way dude. Arcane will be totally fixed once we can cast Fire Blast!

28 Likes

Of course, how could I be so silly. :stuck_out_tongue:

At -least-, the clearcasting honor talent needs to be baseline…and mark of aluneth.

1 Like

Legion design is actually really good, except DKs runes, all they really need is to unprune classes. Though from the looks of the spells we are getting back that would be nice changes. Warlock curses are awesome.

7 Likes

MoP design was better, though.

71 Likes

You saying getting some abilities back would fix them, if that’s the case they don’t need major class changing and unpruning could very well fix them

Not really, because I don’t trust them to screw things up more if they try to do major changes.

1 Like

I believe the gnome pointed out why this makes no sense.

tbh I don’t need major class changes. I just need class weapon restrictions lifted.

Single minded fury. 2h frost, 2h WW monk, dual wield survival hunter, and allowing rogues, warrior, hunters, and monks to use warglaives.

13 Likes

Agreed, OP. On top of that you have them hyping up giving Lethal Poisons to Outlaw. To quote Peter Griffin: “Oh my god, who the hell cares?” They’re not catering to the “roll back to MoP” crowd with this kind of sleight of hand.

3 Likes

If that is the only thing they are bringing back sure, untill we know all the abilities there is no point in crying doom since you literally said that giving them some skills as base would fix the issue

He probably meant theres going to be no major class changes ie outlaw, where the entire spec was redone. Or no major things like new spells or taking away a lot of spells, cause they went crazy in Legion taking away.

And instead of a zillion threads speculating and getting yourselves worked up, how about you wait until more info is released lol. Oh wait, this is GD, that won’t happen :wink:

4 Likes

I agree that we should wait until beta and see before we crucify them.

But for now, it’s best to air our…‘concerns’ early, so we can’t say we didn’t tell them so.

5 Likes

and if they go the way they want, cause its their game, most of us are going to play anyway while grumbling :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Nothing like impractically niche spells with a ridiculously low application time to really “fix” our class.

9 Likes

I feel a lot of specs would play a lot better with just a few tweaks and don’t need anything massive.
My assassination rogue for instance would just need some more energy regeneration as baseline and it would play a load better.

Some may need more work but I think they mean more that they aren’t completely reinventing any specs, more getting them working properly and incorporating some more choice from old tools they took out.

2 Likes

Unlike MoP I actually liked playing all the classes in Legion. In MoP I only really played DK, Hunter, and Warlock. I didn’t enjoy priest, which was my main coming into the expansion, in MoP at all. And it took my a while to really find my groove with my DK.

Well, nit picking here…but there’s a big difference between “no major class changes” and “no class changes.”

I’ll let you figure that out.

7 Likes

Warlock is broken?

Holinka must get a lot of laughs thanks to this community. First they love him, then they hate him, then he’s a savior, then he’s the downfall of WoW, then he walks on water, then he’s trash, then he’s amazing, then he’s garbage again.

Even Ghostcrawler didn’t ride on this kind of roller coaster.

6 Likes