Corsair macro buttons = botting?

Is using a corsair macro button considered botting? I know for a fact that if I click the little repeat button and just walk away from my computer while it does things for me indefinitely IS botting.
I’m more interested in playing 2 accounts at once and setting up the keyboard macro to do the following

1. alt+tab to the second account
  2. click the screen
  3. move mouse down (so my character is looking straight down)
  4. release click
  5. moving the mouse again
  6. right click
  7. alt+tab back to my main screen.

It would only do this once, per button press. Basically a macro to automate looting on the account that’s following the main. I wouldn’t be leaving the computer and I would still be in control of everything. I don’t know how the system detects bots so one account will be doing the exact same motions over and over and over so it may appear to be botting even though I am controlling those motions with a button press.

If you mean that your macro is going to do all those things in succession, then I’d recommend against it.

Personally, I wouldn’t recommend using any out of game macros. You shouldn’t be doing anything that you couldn’t also program with the in-game macro feature.

One button click should only create one action per character per account. That’s how to keep within the rules.

You might want to try checking out some multiboxing sites to see if others have any advice when it comes to looting etc. While multiboxing isn’t against the rules, it’s completely unsupported.

Oh, and you’re 100% right about not using any repeaters :wink:

2 Likes

Alright fine… would have only saved me like 2 seconds of moving my fingers to alt tab, clicking and alt tabing back. Not worth the chance of being banned for that little of a gain in time =Þ

Change your system settings on your mouse to allow in game overlay to the other open instances of wow. It will appear on your screen like the discord overlay that way all characters open in all instances of wow will move to your mouses commands. Set abilities to hotkeys on your mouse and bam you are good to go

Here is a solid rule of thumb.

Can you create the macro with the in game macro system? If so, do so and keybind it to one of those buttons.

If not, avoid it as it can get you suspended. We have seen it happen before

2 Likes

I can’t find an overlay option like that in windows 10 settings or wow settings.

What mouse do you have? I use razor naga and have razer synapses installed. So I open control panel in windows, programs, razor, options, enable in game overlay. Then change wow launch folders to wow1, wow2, wow3 ect ect based on how many you mb at a time. Then enable overlay for those instances of wow. Hope that helps and not too big a wall of text. If you need more help join the mb discord link is in the reddit thread

1 Like

lol idk some pos that came with my computer, no fancy programs with it. i might be stealing my wifes razor now =Þ

It sounds like you want to do a poor man’s multiboxing. “Real” Multiboxing requires special software and essentially runs WoW (or whatever program) in multiple independent sandbox instances that each think they are a real PC. Nearly all Multibox software includes options to do keyboard and mouse propagation. There is 1 person at the keyboard/mouse and his 1 keyboard strike or mouse click is automatically propagated into all instances at the exact same time and exact same screen location.

Blizz has declared that to be legal on many occasions.

This is why you will see an army of druids flying around picking herbs all moving synchronized. When 1 picks the flower, they all pick. It will look a little bit disjointed and maybe even “bot like” because normal players don’t move like that small army but randomness does happen and a rock that trips up just 1 guy in the army and not others will force the multiboxer to click “funny” to resync.

Side Note: multiboxing is legitimately done for quality assurance testing of many different programs to simulate many, many users doing the same things at the same time.

While Multiboxing is legal. Your poor man’s version may not be. Blizz takes a dim view to macros like that despite the fact that you’re basically doing what real multibox software does.

Good place to start:
https://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/36955-Newb-s-Guide-to-Multiboxing-Start-here-if-you-are-brand-new-to-Multiboxing?p=322297&viewfull=1#post322297