Corruption Vendor Monkeypaw

So we got the corruption vendor but in classic blizzard fashion they just couldn’t just add the vendor they had to add some annoyance to it.

So if my understanding is correct not all the corruptions will be in the vendor at the same time and instead it constantly cycles, so oops that corruption you want isn’t in the vendor yet, better hope next week it has it!

Why not just have all the corruptions in the vendor at once, this rotation just seems like an annoying time sink. Imagine if they did this with the legendary vendor where it would rotate weekly what legendaries you could unlock instead of giving you access to all of them.

9 Likes

I don’t really see the point of the rotation either tbh.

Imagine if the r3 essence vendor was on rotations too. Just makes no sense.

Or if the m+ vendor was on rotation lol.

2 Likes

its not even ig yet
this is so fun !

1 Like

I think it’s to ensure there is still a balance between random rewards and deterministic rewards. If corruptions are so easy to get from a vendor, then nobody is going to care about what item they get in their weekly chest, or what drops off a boss. Time will tell but I think rotating out corruptions in a vendor makes a lot of sense

Ooh a Corruption I want, but don’t have enough to buy it… and it cycles out by the time you get enough.

4 Likes

Well, right now the best gear I get is from the chest. I dont do much mythic raiding to I only get the 475s from the chest. I would guess its that way for most people so its still valuable with the side benefit of maybe not having to buy the corruption.

This is just another means of keeping players subbed till the next xpac. Why isn’ t
anyone calling out blizzard on this. havent we all had enough of these kinds of limitations? How about if we can hit go of the bat this time round?

1 Like

A part of me is a little sad that all the planning and mixing and matching corruptions will all go away with the vendor.

It’ll be easy to buy and stack the best one for a given content so the diversity is going to plummet.

Mythic+ will have SO many tornados lol.

I’m still glad it’s coming though.

1 Like

This is just another means of keeping players subbed till the next xpac. Why isn’ t
anyone calling out blizzard on this. havent we all had enough of these kinds of limitations? How about if we can hit go of the bat this time round?

Yeah the rotation just seems odd, like they can’t help but make some aspect annoying for the sake of it.

GD: Please Blizz let us choose our own corruptions!

Blizzard: OK

GD: You suck and so does your game!

1 Like

Polishing a Turd.

1 Like

You answered your own question.

Blizzard doesn’t really give players anything. They always give and take.

It always ends up feeling like you’re in a relationship with an objective partner that can never just be positive to you. They may give you a compliment or a gift, but then there’s some weird underhanded negative that goes along with it.

2 Likes

What planning? It’s rng so you can’t actually make sets, you use what you’ve got.

Planning in terms of swapping around your gear to use what you have.

With the vendor it will just be “oh I’m doing a mythic+? Let me stack as many TD as I can on every single class I play.

Single target fight? Give me full IS.

I still want the vendors, but this is what it’ll be.

Fixed that for you.
But for reals, this is not a healthy relationship we’re having with Bliz, particularly since we foot the bill in time and money.

1 Like

Better to have a choice in what you want to use instead of, “guess I’ll use whatever RNGeezus has blessed me with.”

1 Like

I’ve said in all of my posts I still want the vendors.

Just commenting that there will be an extreme plummet in what type of corruptions will be used.

I can imagine fairly quickly the only corruption at all being used in dungeons is TD.

Unless you are:
A healer
Half the tanks
BM Hunter
Fire Mage
Peobably several other rdps specs aswell

Lol.

Yeah I anyways end up feeling like we’re playing a free to play game like warframe, except even warframe has much better features in various ways.

1 Like