Corruption is BAD now

the corruptions are going to be cycling twice a weak, i’m personally glad she doesn’t have anything I really want right now. gives me time to save up echoes for when she does.

1 Like

Oh really did not know that the ones I saw were bottom of the cookie jar

Lol, like waiting weeks for GW but you keep getting EV/VD is supposed to be better.

And then you have to roll rank 3 on top of it. So really it’s just a different flavor of forging.

yup, they are going to be changing tuesdays and fridays (when the minor assaults switch) we don’t know yet if its going to be RNG or if it will be cycling on some sort of pattern.

if we assume that its pure RNG there are 49 corruptions total (including all the levels it can roll) with 8 corruptions per reset thats a 16% chance of getting the exact corruption you want. that means that, on average, you should be seeing the exact corruption at the exact level roughly once every 6 weeks.

now if we assume its random, but there is something in place that prevents the same corruption from showing up two weeks in a row. that goes up to a 32% chance of seeing the corruption you want on each reset. which means you should see it roughly once every 3 weeks.

now compare that to the old system, where you needed to find not just the item you wanted, but also have it corrupt, AND have it proc the corruption you wanted… think there is any chance you could farm that specific combo faster than 6 weeks?

1 Like

I was talking about the ‘old’ system supposedly being a replacement for forging, it was pretty much the same framework but with abilities instead of ilvl.

1 Like

fair nuf, misunderstood on my part, gonna leave it there though cuz maffs.

They’ve partially fixed this. Any corrupted gear you get after the reset can be cleansed and re-corrupted. They’re still working on older gear.

Exactly. They put up a post that talked about the fact that there are technical restrictions. And they ARE working on it. At least they’re on the ball and not trying to shove it under the rug. For that, I’ll give them some slack.

maybe they fixed it?

or did you just get those boots, cleanse it then apply the mastery without logging out? if that was the case, maybe the corruption issue didn’t update. idk, code can be squirrely, when its a system on top of a system on top of a system etc.

i hope they fixed it. got a lot of higher ilvl items with corruptions im not using but never cleansed them in case i needed them for some silly experimental build

Edit: oh, its from a partial fix. newly cleansed items can now be re corrupted

Just cause it was announced to us and released within 24 hours doesnt mean it was rushed out it means their communication sucks.

If they do incremental develop using standard coding timeframes (aka some form of agile) development then they have been working this atleast 3 weeks not counting planning. If they use a more traditional development process they have been working it longer.

Just cause you dont like that they got skunked by their code (which I am sure they dont like either) doesnt mean it was rushed.

1 Like

end of xpac bois

we might as well go completely wild

I didn’t mind titan forging.

It was a nice surprise to get an absurd high ilvl item on an alt as opposed to an unusable corrupted item, since you need a rank 15 cape to make it viable.

1 Like

To clear this up since this post, and then the comments underneath it both confused me:

As of this weeks reset yesterday, any corrupted items you find CAN be cleansed and given a new corruption. Only gear that you found BEFORE YESTERDAY will not be able to be re-corrupted with a new corruption.

So for example, my main found a 470 weapon with a really weak corruption from my mythic+ chest because I did a +14. I can, according to a blue post that is 4 hours older than this post, cleanse that 470 weapon and slap a rank 3 Twilight Devestation on that sucker whenever they eventually put it up for sale.

What OP is saying is not true. You can re-corrupt any new gear that drops as of this week either restoring the original corruption OR putting a new corruption on once they become available for purchase.

TiTaNfOrGeD WaS ThE iSsUe :crazy_face:

Some people on gd and mythic raiders legit “complaining” about ilvl… it was a very easy fix by capping LFR titanforging but nah lets make a downgrade where you have to spend some hours siming yourself and hoard different items with the result of RNG damage.

What a joke.

Putting a band-aid where you can select corruptions on a system that was designed to not allow players to be selective in the first place is just going to be messy tbh

Titanforging was bad and then they doubled down on the RNG and made it worse. Both systems suck

1 Like

real casual hours is calling expedient 3 bottom of the cookie jar xd
also mages were paying 3million gold a pop for masterful 1 pieces on the ah

1 Like

Heard you don’t like added rng in your loot, so we just turned it into a slot machine instead.

2 Likes

No one who said if they didn’t like Titanforging. They also wanted Corruptforging in the lines.

This is Blizzard going one step forward and two steps back.

Titan forging was fine, even a good thing sometimes. People are getting what they deserve.