Corruption cosmetic effect not showing

Upon equipping my legendary cloak, the visual for my corruption level vanished. My corruption after resistance was still 25, but upon equipping the cloak the visual entirely vanished.

My partner (also a pandaren monk) had a different issue, where using the corruption-resisting essence for her spec gave her the corruption visual, which disappeared when she actually equipped corrupted gear, and then returned when she equipped the cloak.

3 Likes

I have the same problem, currently at 33 coruption and nothing shows. However if i remove 1 piece to drop to 8 corruption or 40+ (after the cloak resistance), then it shows again. I feel like nothing in the 25-39 range shows. I contacted a GM about it and he simply said I should post about it here because they can’t do anything about it, no info at all.

3 Likes

Its been broken since the day the patch came out but for some reason they still have not fixed it. It makes my character look inferior when others have theirs showing. They might fix it 2 months before the next xpac comes out if we complain about 50 more times.

2 Likes

Having the same issue, corruption less than 40 is not visible, on alts it works as normal.

Sorry for the thread-necro but this is what I am seeing as well

2 Likes

Really don’t think it’s a necro when we’re still reporting an ongoing problem.

As a data point, my hunter’s corruption is currently at 20 after the cloak’s reduction and she doesn’t show any corruption. This toon shows the visual as a brewmaster (corruption 6) but not as a windwalker (corruption 30). It seems the 20 to 40 corruption range is what’s broken.

hey bumping this thread because it is still broken, 20-39 range no corruption visual at all.

3 Likes

Honestly, at this point I don’t have much hope that they intend to fix it. Or maybe they just don’t know how. /shrug

still an issue,
went from 40 to 37 with this week’s +3 resistance and lost my corruption visual.

mildly infuriating.

1 Like

Yup, i googled it to find this thread. still an issue. Please fix bliz…I want to look corrupted if i have to constantly dodge those stinking eyes!

1 Like

yup still broken im gonna keep trying to bump this thread until it either gets locked or this gets fixed.

1 Like

We’ll be bumping this thread until the Shadowlands pre-patch.

2 Likes

its still broken

1 Like

Still broken! Even at exactly 20 corruption.

1 Like

2 weeks before shadowlands:
Bug fixes: Corruption visuals should now show properly when players have a corruption amount in-between 20 and 40.
Developers’ note: We do what we want.

1 Like

yup still broken another 18 days later.

1 Like

Guess what guys! This is still a problem! :open_mouth:

Feature not bug
I quite like not seeing the void poo all over me

Happening here at 32 corruption, I can remove a piece to bring me to 12 and the effect shows again but when I put the piece back on, it’s gone.