Corrupted itens

How you deal with then?

I got a sword and it kept killing me all the time. Also have another item, that adds another 12 corruption. Whats the point in using a item that work against you?

If you do the 8.3 questline, at the end you get a cloak that you can level up to increase your corruption resistance to mitigate the negative effects. The questline will also open up the ability to cleanse items of their corruption if you just don’t want to deal with it.

Also, keep in mind that when the pre-patch hits in a couple of weeks, corruption will be going away. So, you can just hold onto the item until then if you don’t want to do the Cloak stuff on a character. (Although even the base cloak is going to be a nice upgrade.)

To start the cloak quest chain:

1. Unlock World Quests. You’ll need to do the quest “Uniting Zandalar” (H) / “Uniting Kul Tiras” (A). You can get the quest Nathanos/Halford Wyrmbane on the boat in Zandalar/Kul Tiras. If you haven’t unlocked world quests before on another character, you’ll need to do the 3 foothold quests for the War Campaign for the quest to be available. (Level 120 boosts already have world quests unlocked.)
  2. Unlock Naz’jatar. The quest should pop up once world quests are unlocked. If not, you should be able to get it on the boat. The quest to start it is “The Wolf’s Offensive” (A) / “The Warchief’s Order” (H).
  3. Complete the quest chain to unlock essences. Magni will show up with the quest “Essential Empowerment” in Naz’jatar once you’ve established your base there. The final quest needed in that chain is “Harnessing the Power.”
  4. The start quest for the 8.3 questlines should pop up the next time you enter Boralus/Zuldazar (or relogging can trigger it.) The quest is “An Unwelcome Advisor” (A) / “Return of the Black Prince” (H).
1 Like

TYVM!

Very nice of yours to take the time to adress my questions