Core hound pet

Hello I’m trying to find the core hound to tame at mount hyjai. Does anyone know where to find them? Are they are rare spawn? Thanks!!

i don’t remember a core hound being in mount hyjal. you should check out petopia. it has a full list of tamable pets and you could check for spawn locations as well.

https://www.wow-petopia.com/family.php?id=corehound

so there are some in hyjal but you could find some easier to get ones in molten core with the same color.

edit: now i remember. part of the forest in the northern west side of hyjal is burned to the ground. if you do the firelands questline, it regrows and those core hounds become phased out.

2 Likes

Just go into Molten Core real quick. Core hounds galore.

The core hounds in mount hyjal are phased out if you’re not far enough in the quest chains.

1 Like

Couldn’t you just run into Firelands to tame one?

Yah I wish… They have those flame turtles I have been wanting forever and a day but never appearing outside firelands… But no, you cannot tame anything in the firelands as far as I know.

You mean like this one?

yah that’s the one! Been trying to get him forever to match up with my blue turtle and call them fire and ice (yes I know it’s dumb). I am on a high pop server so it’s a lot of people always waiting at spots and every man for itself when it appears.

1 Like

I got Terrorpene years ago but ive seen a disturbing trend as of late not sure if its due to all the server cross realm but other hunters are camping rares and killing them then taunting the players waiting to tame them.

I am glad I did most of these years ago.

Go to Outlands - Shadowmoon Valley and tame Gomegaz, core hound with green lava instead of the boring red :slight_smile: I’ve had him for years

Did you mean Spawn of Uvuros? (Gomegaz is in the Blasted Lands and is listed as yellowish in color; which reminds me, I should grab him today if I can.)

Saw a hunter kill the fox because they didn’t get there in time to tame it and someone else was in the process of taming it… That fox has eluded me for 6-7 years and some idiot killed it because he couldn’t tame it because he got there as someone else was.

Never had that happen, but Loque was killed 3-4 times in a day by some bug or something caused by AC.