Copy Failed

Anyone else getting copy failed? I cannot copy my druid over. I’ve tried so many times.

bump. still getting copy failed

same problem with this DK

Yep can’t copy my main druid. All other toons seem to work no problem

Having same issue. Anyone figured anything out? Just my main, all other toons no problem

I have noticed that any character I have that has a special character in it like “å” will not copy.

things i have ruled out:

• quest status (only one i havent abandoned is shadowmourne souls quest, if its that, oh well)
  • odd items such as:
    • letters saved from in game mail
    • glyphs
    • goblin transponder
    • guild tabard
    • un-claimed pets
    • quest progress items like: venomhide teeth, valiant’s seals (i didnt delete SM shards, see above)

And per the above comment, my name does not have any special characters =/

Bump. Only my DK won’t copy my other 3 characters copy just fine.

Same problem, the character I want to test the most fails to create. Nice job trying to narrow it down I tried a few of those too. Hopefully it gets fixed soon, but the beta is in a near unplayable state with nothing fixed yet so who knows

Still failing after server reset

Yes Still Failing wish we could at least get some response from someone. Forums = the Round File for Reporting bugs I am thinking :slight_smile:

Feel like ive only seen/heard of this with tauren characters - any one having this issue on a non-tauren?

That said, I have been able to move over tauren DKs I made for testing, so its not strictly tauren = copy failed

My Undead rogue is the main character I wanted to test things on and its the only character I can’t copy lol

Ive tried remaking interface & wtf folders on classic and beta and recopying data so everything was fresh, but no luck lol. I don’t think there’s anything on our end that can fix this, maybe a clean install, but I can’t imagine what is the cause for a specific character.

It’s my oldest character, made him before 2019 Classic launch during the name reservation phase, so he’s old AF idk if that has any commonality with your character lol

I actually rolled this toon on a wrath fresh before those servers fell apart; so its not that. Good idea though!

1 Like

I used the copy acct data option first since I also got a fail, then copied two characters over with no problems, just do acct data first

Have tried this in every permutation, but thanks.

Quick update: forced to move my main to another server and change its name.

STILL getting copy failed.

1 Like

Most recent test:

I noticed that when people complain about this, its almost always their main character which they cannot copy.

Assumption: the issue is something which most people only tend to do once per account, eg a limited time event

Assumption: its probably something relatively new / on the fringes of the game, or else we may have encountered issues with this before

Thus, my hypothesis: Is it completion of the “Zalazane’s Fall” event? I’ve only done it on my main.

Unfortunately, I was incorrect. Was able to copy my priest before and after completing the event.

The search continues.

My rogue is high rated in arena, has blizzard mail in mailbox, is GM of a guild, hasnt done any recent events. Only fringe things i can think of.

Others say copy data fixed it for them, but every day i test i use this first lol. Ive even remade the interface & wtf files to test. Idk what it could be.

He has rank from vanilla, i wanted to see if i was able to xmog the lvl 60 pvp HW gear or the lvl 70 remakes. He’s the only one with high enough rank to test and I cant haha

The funny thing is the transmog of the rogue is in the collection for a rogue I created, so he’s copying over fine with the account data button. The 60 gear wont show up in collection without rank though.
Im maining rogue and wanted to test pvp related questions as well, so he’s the first character I tried to copy & the only one thats failed.

My rogue is high rated in arena, has blizzard mail in mailbox, is GM of a guild, hasnt done any recent events. Only fringe things i can think of.

Only one of these that applies to me is GM of a guild, but i have tested moving that onto other characters and it was not enough

1 Like