Controller Support

First, WoW looks incredible at 4K 60fps on my 75 inch TV. I just recently discovered that Blizzard has started the process of adding native controller support. For anyone who doesn’t know, type “/console GamePadEnable 1” into the chat to enable controller support. This guy did a pretty robust forum post about it a while back:

I really just want to keep this one on Blizzard’s radar, so I am posting my appreciation for this feature. I really think Blizzard should fully implement controller support, especially in light of the recent release of the Steam Deck.

I’m hoping to see this brought to a fully functional level where the UI adapts to a gamepad mode for using menu buttons as well. Maybe something similar to how Diablo 3 handles its menus.

1 Like

You can make controller port for any game with xpadder if you are dedicated enough. Ha, xpadder, God I feel old.

I use Controller Companion from Steam because it allows for similar functions but also emulates KB/M functions for the desktop. That’s another one that people might want to look into.

I will say that the native controller support for WoW is better than the KB/M emulation of Controller Companion by a long shot, though.

That is true, C-companion was always more of a desktop/tv controller to me, not a whole lot of freedom compared to native ones like xpadder with unlimited amount of mapping.

…with a necro post in disguise. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Rise thread, RIIIISE!!!

1 Like