Continue Dual Talents

Just like the name says, I want more talent spec slots. ( I don’t care how much it costs) I remember back in the day either Ghostcrawler or Ion said they didn’t like increasing the amount of spec slots because it would ‘ruin class fantasy’ but the talents for cata didn’t have very much wiggle room for variety. Everyone just cookie cuts anyways.

Having the ability to swap specs for various tasks without being punished is a must. Running back to your class trainer, spending more money and then going down and manually imputing the talents (Typically within a 2 minute warlock summoning timer) is too much, especially for hybrid classes that need to change constantly or be forced to level an alt for that purpose.

We’re already knee deep in #somechanges with Alpha dungeons and the wow token so at the very least let us have a change that makes our lives better.

1 Like

Yeah, having at least 4 slots would be cool

41 talents total. You have to put at least 31 into one single tree before you can use the other 10. You are only allowed to spec into one tree for Cata. The other 10 that you have left over will mainly only unluck useless passives as that is all that is able to be used on the upper part of the talent trees that you can spec into only once you have used the other 31 points. Vs the 71 points that you all have in Wrath.

They should just copy and paste the modern WoW talent profile system. Ten profiles I believe can be saved per character.

Cata reduced the cost of dual spec to 10g which indicates it was a time when the devs realized removing the friction of re-specing was a huge positive for the game. If they hadn’t replaced the talent system entirely in MoP I think the Dragonflight talent system would have been created a lot sooner.

1 Like

Just wanted to reiterate this idea because the more I look at Cata talents, the more I think Cata Classic would be much better off with a modern talent profile system than just dual spec.

If you look at a priest for example, say you’re a Disc priest main. You have different talents you’d want to focus on single-target healing vs. raid healing in PvE and then a different setup for PvP if not multiple depending on the type of PvP (IE: larger BGs vs. smaller scale PvP).

Even just as one spec of one class you can come up with several variations. Then you might want to be holy for some things or soloing as shadow. Possibly multiple variations of each of those specs as well.

I think there’s just huge potential for a talent profile system to make Cata Classic a lot more fun and allow people to actually get a lot more out of the talent trees. Without profiles they’ll likely just stick to the two most common builds they’ll use and miss out on the potential of all the rest.

Yeah I agree let us save more specs. Hell just let us save our loadouts and bars and stuff, even if we still have to pay to switch specs.