Continuation of New Customisation Options for: Void Elves, Blood Elves, & misc high elves

I’m entitled to more than one Bronzebeard tattoo and feathers working with all my hairstyles, tbh.

4 Likes

All I can say about this entire post is that… you’re wrong. Plain and simple. Your analogy is flawed and your use of the word entitled is flawed. I’m not emboldened because I’m entitled. I’m emboldened because of the decisions the devs have already made, and from the words of dev interviews about what’s coming in the future.

Blizzard gave High Elf customization to Void Elves and there’s no putting that genie back in the bottle now. And because of that, it’s also reasonable to expect more requests for options in that vein. Will Blizzard answer those requests? We don’t know yet.

6 Likes

Except, nothing has been stolen.

You expect everyone to respect your views for the Blood Elves, but you’re not respecting everyones request for the Void Elves, even if it is something that doesn’t effect you or your game play or something that is not requested off the Blood Elves.

4 Likes

So establishing a bad precedent should be ignored in favor of just completely letting the cat out of the bag?

Who is happy? The people on the side benefitting from disparity? Congrats I guess?

And I hope they take the opinions of opposition into consideration since they didn’t in applying the new skin tones to begin with, ergo now this side finally is considered.

That is fine that is how I view it, I don’t think it can be denied we wouldn’t be talking about natural hairstyles and concepts for VEs to this extent had they not made the decision to compromise, and I think that is what prompts people to feeling entitled to more, you can go about it different ways, but in the end that is how I see it, you may be like yourself more okay with it not happening but if it did happen and the people who are pushing for more, they are doing so from a place of entitlement for getting what hasn’t been done for them the first time Blizzard compromised, or the second, this would be the third compromise in their favor.

If I got a new iPhone every year growing up, I am basing my request for next years iPhone on the fact I got one every year leading up to it, if I don’t get it yes technically I would be fine, but I am working off the precedent my parents set which makes me feel I want a new iPhone every year. Do I view this as a bad thing? No but I still feel entitlement is the right word to use for my future requests for new iPhones, it is just what I am accustomed to and what I want to see happen.

They gave you role play tools, enjoy, that doesn’t entitle you to the full theme.

I hope not.

And that is not for you to decide.

4 Likes

Anyways, lets get back on topic to request for more customisations for Void Elves, Blood Elves and misc. High Elves.

4 Likes

You’re right it doesn’t entitle me to the “full theme”… but it also doesn’t mean I can’t ask for the options I want to complete that theme either.

So establishing a bad precedent should be ignored in favor of just completely letting the cat out of the bag?

Just because you think it’s “bad precedent” does not make it so. Some people will think of it as such, as you do, and others will not, such as myself.

4 Likes

I meant that, in general, people are happy to have more options and have enjoyed the new customization options; for one thing, all the regular posters are using a few new things, including you and me.

I, personally, don’t see asking for a few human colored hairstyles on my short elf as inherently more entitled than asking for some new honor level mounts and maybe a new player kills title.

There’s some things I’d like to see. If you wouldn’t, that’s okay. My desires don’t invalidate yours. Your desires don’t invalidate yours. Neither of us is holding an opinion out of spite.

8 Likes

The only difference is BEs don’t have a second visual theme, so I see more requests inherently stepping on BE fans.

Which is why I don’t think people who want natural hair for VEs are spiteful.

I do want a new title, though.

Bloodthirsty only goes so far.

I’d also like to see how many honorable kills I’ve gotten across my brigade. Without having to do maths.

The visual theme thing is kind of a tricky one. Male orcs, despite having far and away the most variety, probably don’t have one. Goblins have half of one with the gilgoblin color and hair… but I certainly wouldn’t consider it as such.

1 Like

Would your feelings change if Blood Elves did get a second theme, as well as some variants of the Void Elf hairstyles, scars & tattoos, and male jewelry options?

1 Like

Would love to see these tattoos for the Void Elves. Was looking at Twitter and saw this post, and even though the tweet is about the armor, the tatoo looks amazing.

https://twitter.com/RamavataramaArt/status/1329879311051083776

6 Likes

While I’m against copying directly from blood elves, I probably need to say a few Hail Aegwynns, because I would like that short ear option for blueside.

For other people’s RP options.

1 Like

https://i.imgur.com/YkCsrZW.png

1 Like

Well, I am not after Blood Elf stuff. Would like to reuse the assets on the Alliance for the Void Elves.

2 Likes

I think ear size options are universal enough that few could reasonably object to Void Elves (and Nightborne too!) getting them.

2 Likes

I feel entitled to fairness, it is not something I feel has been upheld and I have accepted that. But what I will be very vocal about is making sure what BEs have left isn’t stepped on or taken in the spirit of people who feel emboldened to ask for more.

The difference is I accepted my requests weren’t heard and have moved on, I would say I actually agree with Somand who said my view has all requests are based in entitlement of some form (I want to elaborate that I do not see this as inherently bad until one group gets more than others and continues pushing for more), the fact you personally dislike that view isn’t my problem, because I would have no problem to admitting even my DR / Undead Elf is based in the same thing, but Blizzard didn’t oblige so I find it in extreme poor taste to as the group who Blizzard did oblige continue pushing for more.

For example, I previously wished for HEs for people I felt bad for, a compromise was accomplished and I am happy for that but I didn’t expect for the same people to see other peoples favorite races lacking, or how their own request encroaches on what others have left, and to keep pushing for their request.

Here.

https://i.imgur.com/uDCJ2ya.jpg

1 Like

Speaking of feels, I always felt that the half elves were more of an Alliance thing.

Granted, I love them on redside and I think I have a pretty plausible setup for my elf human paladin. Helps that he has a beard now.

3 Likes

https://i.imgur.com/uDCJ2ya.jpg

3 Likes