Continuation of New Customisation Options for: Void Elves, Blood Elves, & misc high elves

Yes they did actually, in an interview about why the Blood elves were getting gold eyes they said that “canonically” only priests and paladins would have golden eyes, but that if the player wanted their elf to be purified by the sunwell for some reason, that option was left open to them. Now we know many people pick golden eyes for random reasons that have nothing to do with the light, but that does not make it canon. I can provide you the interview if you wish.

There’s no speculation to be had.

Which was effecting her… which would make her… come on, I know you can do it.

Because for that NPC to be a blood elf with blue eyes, it would require far more speculation on how they managed to have blue eyes with no canonical lore to support it. It’s far more simple to look at it in the way it’s always been used - a means to differentiate High elves from Blood elves. Until the character comes forth and says “I’m a blood elf” or “I’m a high elf” taking any position requires speculation, so it makes very little sense to bark at one side while doing the exact same thing yourself.

3 Likes