Consumable release dates

The reason I make these threads is because its relevant to me, and its questions that I don’t know and someone may know. Like my thorium brotherhood thread. I plan to play a retribution paladin I need to know when nightfall will be available.

And then like this thread juju’s were a big part of melee DPS consumables and I don’t believe they will actually be available at launch which sucks but there is alternatives.

1 Like

If they stick to the original time period and launch schedule as they appear to be leaning toward… BWL is a safe bet because if I remember correctly that was when the pattern was added to Vanilla.

1 Like

It was added the patch before bwl 1.5. And to your question above about itemization as far as alot of people are thinking it will be 1.12.1 stats, just with further progressed itemization. Which I could see because they said they didn’t want to tamper with 1.12.1 data.

I hear you on that. Most of what I want to know only Blizzard can tell, though. Like, will all the flight points be in the game at Classic’s launch? (Not known, just there.) One of the people who got me into WoW had went balllistic when he found out Stonetalon Mts. had a FP for Alliance. He had avoided the zone because it didn’t.

Flasks didn’t last through death for a good amount of time in vanilla and thus were not used very often.

It appears they are going to tamper because they’re using the Naxx invasion event; this was not part of 1.12.0, 1.12.1 or 1.12.2.

There is also this… I mean it does not specifically say it, but it’s leaving a lot open to interpretation…

Just seems like they’re going all out 100% on the authentic experience side of this… I am super hyped because it makes a lot of the content more valuable so long as you’re in the first wave of players…

My concern is for those who come in late and can essentially skip a lot of things. That’s sad.

I’m ok with that. Release them with the content they released with.

honestly the only thing that stands out to me was 1.9 introducing flasks persisting through death.

I haven’t done any research on it but the only ones that might be missing would be the juju’s, which you already noted.

actually now that I think about it, I want to say the sandworm meat that gives +str wasn’t in there until AQish? I also want to say that the rare patterns from MC bosses weren’t in the loot tables, but again–I haven’t actually checked. going straight from 14 y/o memory on that.

My understanding of the announcement is that are not changing item stats weights or allocations.
There will only be one version of an item with one set of stats for the entirity of classic.

What they are changing is where that item drops from (loot tables), and when that item is available.

They hinted they were doing a balance pass, so it is posisble even OP items like lionheart helm, that were available right away might be delayed to later content phases (though they referenced titanic leggings to stop QQ posts).

Can’t wait to see every single warrior wearing that special goldminer’s helmet in place of the lionheart.

Gold miners helmet??? I dont remember anything by that name

• Int food came out with Diremaul, I remember that much,I don’t think Brute force was in at start of the game. (The one you got from Un’goro kodo.)

I read the topic and I was hoping I could eat July 4th instead of hotdogs. Imagine the disappointment for reading the first post…

2 Likes

Thank you for sending me to the spirit healer with your reply.

Was it really? Wowhead claims it was added in 1.11, WoWwiki claims 1.6, and the earliest archived comments on classicDB are 1.12.

(Personally, my memory said AQ40, so that’s yet another incorrect data point to throw out there.)

https://classicdb.ch/?item=9375

1 Like

Unless you are horde, in a raid with orc warriors, you shouldn’t see it. Weapon skill is only for glancing, so on trash and outside lvl63 bosses they are doing it wrong.

yeah, because the real roadblock to MC/BWL is the trash packs lmao.
nevermind all those non orc warriors who wouldn’t want something easy to pair with some deathbringers from onyxia.

1 Like

I guess dps warriors could use it if they use axes? Personally I’d probably run a more tanky helm

Point was more they would be swapping helms not using it on trash or in the world.

Also there are waaay more sword/mace options in game let the dps orcs have the axes.