Consumable change was a failure

We’ve had months to play with the consumable changes and this is clearly not better than when it was only pest fogger, dragon fruit, and truffle.

Crimson Embers are so ridiculously good for dps that they never use the other consumables outside of niche situations. It’s twice as powerful as a Saltwater Potion. With everything sharing a 5 min cooldown this means that about 90% of consumables see no use whatsoever.

The way that aoe damage and CC work in WoW, Gravitational Displacer is perhaps the most broken engineering item ever allowed in BGs. A 40-yard diameter bomb that sucks in all enemies to die in 5 seconds to aoe damage. Who thought that this would be okay? It’s not okay. It’s too powerful in reg bgs and in epics it’s much worse. Items and abilities that move enemy players must always be handled carefully as they tend to be far too impactful.

Sticky Warp Grenade can be used to get to all kinds of places inside BGs that players aren’t intended to be. There is no pathing restriction - you throw it to anywhere in range that is where you will teleport. Whether it’s leaving the map boundaries while carrying a flag, entering enemy spawn location, or getting on top of buildings to spin nodes these grenades got you covered.

For the health and balance of the game I hope these items don’t carry over to War Within and that the impact of consumables is taken into consideration. The way it turned out I would have prefered if they hadn’t made those season 3 changes.

12 Likes

It was all fun and games until other people started using them on us :frowning:
Seriously though.
Nerf embers % mod.
Nerf displacer’s size.
Make sticky warp require a player in the target area to port you. Bam, problem solved.

Also probably expect that the bombs wont be useable above lvl 70 so our suffering will soon be at an end.

1 Like

I agree and that’s exactly how I treat these consumables in random/world pvp. I’ve got Embers macro’d to my “swifty macro” and truffle/dragon fruit I just click on them when needed. :rofl:

Will be interesting to see what happens going into WW.

1 Like

When broken stuff like this is left in the game, I lose hope that there are any devs paying attention to random bgs.

They’re probably too busy trying to get the next expansion ready for release. I doubt they have any time/energy to play random bgs after work.

1 Like

remove it, there’s reliable ways to DC your targets using it and ppl are catching on

god i loved getting pestfoggered every 30 seconds on EotS poggers

2 Likes

Remove all consumables and remove bloodlust from bgs please. Pvp without these things is still interesting, i promise.

4 Likes

displacer grenade should have less radius and or have a limit on how many people they can pull in.

i can’t think of any other item this strong in ebgs.

i miss being able to use a speed potion and not have it effect my other Cds

1 Like

I don’t like that my engineer helm share a CD with everything too.

Also, using the displacer should be aoe-capped… I started using it against premades right after their use theirs. Now everyone and their mother has one. I keep advertising it in BG chat so more people are aware of all consumables.

Big premades were using these before everyone else and that gave them a huge advantage to be able to wipe a raid in one specific Area with targeted AoE, add discord and timing and no pug has a chance.

Epics became a “who uses their consumable better” environment. Objectives don’t matter.

You can displace Siege and Demos…

I didn’t see any new consumables as such in TWW so far… a few augmentation potion only. I bet displacer will still work in TWW.

It sums it up nicely :stuck_out_tongue:

Recently on my mage I was in an AV. It was down to a typical dps race on the boss and alliance was losing. I recalled and instantly used invis to get into Van’s room unseen.

I set myself up in the perfect spot and popped embers, displacer, living bomb, combustion, followed by flame strikes. I wiped 70% of the team alone with Van and turned the loss into a win. Within 30 seconds I got 13 kills and over 20m damage.

It was funny to see the whole team die within seconds but it also felt a bit too powerful to be able to kill that many people so quickly…

2 Likes

Probably happended because fire mage in aoe is completely overtuned but I imagine what I think is a 60 or 70% crit modifier on a spec that is built around crits to be able spam pyro or flame strike probably results in that.

1 Like

love me a good random lb proc

Come to Blitz my guy. Leave the toys and external buffs to the premades.

It seems there has been a warp grenade hotfix recently. You now get pathing errors when trying to toss them to places. Tried using one to get up to enemy spawn in silvermines and it doesn’t work anymore. Presumably you can no longer take the flag out of bounds on twin peaks - I’ll confirm later.

Now if they could get rid of gravitational displacers that ruin random bg gameplay that would be great.

Engineering Bombs really are busted

I have to think displacers were never meant to be used in BGs and the Season 3 change was perhaps not thoroughly considered. Displacer’s impact is much stronger than any existing class ability in the game and especially ruins the experience in epic BGs.

Some fun engi items in BGs is fine but the impact should not be this severe. Stuff like nitro boost and parachute cloak are good examples of useful engi items/enchants that are within reason. Things that move enemy players are much more dangerous.

i need to find the moment in a game i recorded and make a clip, but at one point i walk up to a horde tower in AV that has like 5 people in it, drop a displacer in front of the door by the edge, then a pest fogger behind it a second later, pulled their entire team out and sent them flying, then capped the flag with no resistance. to them i might as well have been a jedi moving them with force powers, its very funny, but hardly fair given so few classes have a counter without spending their own consumable charge on a truffle.

how this works for anyone curious, is that you displace their whole team and use AoE burst comps to kill everyone, half a 40 man team will be deleted in under a second.

Displacers are funny, but at the same time are really toxic. and if timed accordingly can keep a 40 man team in one place for a good 15-20 seconds. I’ve tested it. I dont think this item was made for pvp. I think this was made for Pve like m+ for grouping adds. This item actually has to go when TWW releases. It makes epic bgs boring and it promotes toxic gameplay like displacer go’s in premade communities…very hard to counter it

Doesn’t yours and every other community use the gravity displacer literally all the time?

Only group I’ve seen not use it is djl.

Maybe I should use it on my vengeance dh and then hit them with the double sigil of silence chaos nova just cause.

ya we use it? If we had a tool at our disposal why not use it? I can’t have an opinion about something?
I think it shouldn’t be used in pvp especially epics…it’s very hard to counter and can kill entire raid teams within seconds if that team has enough fire mages.