Been gone for about a year. So I am supposed to constantly resummon my felguard as a demo warlock now? This class is getting shelved for me if this is the case. I’m really getting disappointed by a lot of the class design decisions that have happened in my absence.
If you are Affliction or Demonology, you are looking for the talent Infernal Beneficiary. It heals your demon along with yourself when you use Drain Life. It is the sole thing that will keep your demon alive and it does a great job of that (at a modest cost to dps).
I am left to wonder if the thought behind this is the same as having vanilla mages drink after every encounter. It is so antagonistic to gameplay.
And if that talent was meant to be the only thing that keeps your pet from being completely useless, why hide it down in the talent tree? Why not just make it a passive you get when you choose your spec?
Who thought the current design was a good one? What was that pitch email like?
Anyway, that talent will fix your pet problem even if it gives your damage output a gentle kick in the teeth.
Thank you very much for the input. I’ll have to see next time I log in if I haven’t chosen that talent. Warlock is my last hope after trying my BM hunter that literally uses only 2-3 buttons now in his rotation. eyeroll
You can use bandages to heal your pet too, as has been said in the forum “How do you heal the lock pet out of combat?”.