Constantly disconnecting on one character only

Hello! I’m having an issue and I’m trying to look for a resolution. If my character (Naitie-Stormrage) gets randomly disconnected or I ALT F4, and I try to log back in, I keep getting instantly disconnected within a few seconds. If I alt f4’d or disconnected on my other characters and log back in and this doesn’t happen at all. I removed all my addons and repaired game files (said there was no issue), and this is still happening. Is there any way to fix this? (This happens to Naitie-Stormrage everywhere, whether it’s open world, m+, or raids).

Just to mention, alt f4’ing to exit the game is not a great idea, if you’re doing it routinely/intentionally. If this is happening a lot due to disconnections, you might try to troubleshoot that, too.

But typically problems like this happening to just one character are from corrupted settings. When you removed your addons, did you do a full UI reset? https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/7549

I usually only alt f4 when the game freezes. But alt f4ing isn’t causing a problem on my other characters it seems, so I’m not sure why the problem would occur on only one of them.

And yes, I did a full UI Reset about an hour ago (followed the steps correctly) but the disconnections are still only happening on one character.

EDIT: Hi yalls! I think I figured out what the problem was. The character with the DC issue was a part of multiple communities with loads of members, and once I left them, the DCing stopped (if I randomly dcd and logged back in).

TLDR, Solution: Leaving all my WoW communities solved the DCing issue.

1 Like

Hey, Sorrowie! I wanted to add to this here, since this sounds very similar to the guild screen issues that we’ve recently seen.

We’ve only been able to confirm this with officers, but it may possibly be related to just the community window or with any large guilds in general. I added the details you’ve included on to our tracking for this issue :slight_smile: Thank you for sharing!

1 Like

same here /char