Constant Freezing in Raids

I have been freezing for 20-30 seconds while in combat in Amirdrassil. I initially believed this issue to be caused by my 6 year old 1070ti, however upon upgrading to a 7900 XT, the issue persists.
I updated chipset, bios, drivers to the newest versions today with no success on resolving this problem.
Link to dxdiag:

When was the last time you updated your chipset drivers? Did you try DX11 to see if the issue was resolved ?

I had to restructure my post to better make my point.

First things first, if you can, return your 7900XT and get a 4070Ti. Trust me on this one. Just do it. WoW has long existing issues with AMD drivers. If you cannot swap GPU’s, then please still do what I mention below, but my condolences for owning an AMD card.

Secondly, I would do a complete reinstall of windows, so back up all your important data (which everyone should frequently do anyways), and start on a fresh state. You can download a windows install via their media tool for easy USB installation (your windows key should be tied into your Microsoft account for ease of activation).

Additionally since we’re doing all of this, apply new thermal paste to your CPU if you haven’t done so in 3+ years (opinions on this will vary), but it should generally be done and now seems like a good time.

Resetup your PC, reinstall WoW and report back. Good luck.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.