Constant FPS drops

Is anyone else suffering from constant FPS drops, making the game almost unplayable, since the last maintenance?

3 Likes

YES.
It’s infuriating. I have been scouring the forums looking for anyone else dealing with this. I did a ton of pointless troubleshooting based on forums from January, February, and March about lag spikes. GPU Drivers, resetting internet/router, uninstalling and then reinstalling WoW, Cache folders, as well as a few other things mentioned in other posts about FPS drops and lag problems since January.

All forums i’ve read say Blizzard isn’t acknowledging the issue as of yet, but it’s been months and all the forums are stating the same things. It’s not on our end, it’s happening to people with high end hardware that WoW should be a cakewalk to run on.

For reference, I’m running CoD, Destiny, and Apex Legends on full graphics for hours on end with no lag spiking or disconnect issues, but I try to quest in WoW? unresponsive for 5-15 seconds at random times be it trying to pick up/ turn in a quest or 2 attacks into fighting a low level enemy and getting killed before the lag spike ends.

It’s becoming unplayable.

Yeah I’ve been doing the same thing and nothing works. Everything else works fine and runs smoothly on the computer. WoW just started doing this out of no where. Can barely do solo world content let alone M+ or Raids. It’s extremely frustrating.

Blizzard will just give us some corporate cringe response while dodging the fault -.-

What are your pc’s specs?

Fully preloaded maps

Almost fully preloaded maps with some streaming when entering caves, but almost every enemy type in a zone stays preloaded. There are very few permutations in types as well

Mostly fully preloaded and very little actual streaming in of new assets (most of the heavy hitters like textures are recycled around the map)

Here’s one thing you guys might try that could potentially be a culprit:
Disable the SSDP Discovery service and set the UPnP Device Host service to manual(if it causes any problems with niche games) or disable it. After that, set your network to public(makes the firewall rules more strict).

It’s a workaround fix that a lot of people have been talking about for Diablo 4 and has been apparently completely fixing their problems. I’ll have to do some experimenting with it on vs off to see if maybe people are just falling for placebo due to shaders being compiled on the first try, and then when you disable the service, the second time the game goes to load the assets, they are already precompiled from the first time.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.