Constant error 123 crashes

I run WoW in an old pc and recently had to reinstall the game after replacing my hard drive. I’ve been having constant crashes ever since. I’ve tried everything suggested (repair tool, resetting ui, removing addons, all drivers are up to date, etc.)

Here is my last error report on pastebin(dot) com /8cnNVRad

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

1 Like

Hey there,

I’m seeing a huge number of loaded addons in the crash log, did we disable the addons or did we reset the game files completely?

Make sure to disable any addon managers when doing this, such as twitch, curse, tukui, or other similar programs. Otherwise this will not actually do anything and the program will automatically resync the game folders.

Hello,

I uninstalled twitch and reset game files. Game crashed a few minutes later. Here is the error message I just got.

pastebin (dot) com/xjvfJVH4

Perséphone,

It looks like this PC actually doesn’t meet our system requirements. It’s pretty likely that it’s either giving up the ghost (hence the harddrive dying) or that those ancient drivers that that GPU runs just can’t draw the new things we’re telling the game to do this patch. The AMD Radeon HD 5700 Series card you’re using hasn’t been supported this entire expansion, but usually that’s because we have something planned later in the expansion that it just won’t run once it comes up. It’s kind of a happy accident that this PC has been able to run the game at all for this long.

On the off chance that it’s fixable, you can check your PC for operating system and graphics driver updates, but if that doesn’t fix it, we expect this card to have performance issues and crashes. You’d need to upgrade to a more recent PC that meets the requirements I posted above to play more.

Alright, I’ll look into upgrading my PC as soon as I can. Thank you very much!

Absolutely. Good luck with it, and if anything else comes up, please let us know!

Hi there.

I got error 123 and my wow app constantly get frozed …when I looked at the error log for clues I saw this : “Virtual Memory: 0.00 MB”

Seems like WOW uses the PC virtual memory no mather how much RAM you have.

Problem was that I installed wow on D drive and virtual memory was deactivated there because… who uses virtual memory on monsters with 32+ RAM?. So I activated virtual memory on C and D drives and the error stopped.

Looking at the error log helps.

pathYouInstalledWow\World of Warcraft\ retail\Errors
pathYouInstalledWow\World of Warcraft\ classic\Errors

Edited by Blizzard - this topic is being locked as this is an old post which was bumped. Please create your own thread or contact support.