Consecration "incorrectly" counts as a debuff

lol that’s the bug report on lightshope where we posted all of our VANILLA evidence broheim

So it has no actual bearing here then because the data isn’t viable, you even posted “data” to support your claim. Opened one and shot down your entire argument.

You were wrong on reckoning, you were wrong on shadow oil, holy water, boss mechanics, threat mechanics, and you think you can overlap trinkets that can not be stacked in the 1.12.x versions of WoW period.

Not only that but none of you that claim to be theorycrafters can even play your class above the 75% percentile. It’s almost the same as a high school graduate telling someone with a Doctorate they are wrong because they can’t understand basic principles.

So “broheim” give me a real data set instead of being wrong all the time, at least try to factually useful to correcting the issues this game has instead of inciting this propaganda for your broken dreams to play a class that will always be bottom of the barrel.

lolwut 10 characters

How is the data invalid? The video posted earlier looked recent. Also why the hate on the pallies? I could parse a 1 and still notice a bug and not be happy about it lol.

There is also the design note that exist for every game made that some the intent of a spell, ability or class.

Trouble comes about when the reality differs from the intent and due to do time constraints many things don’t get precision testing down to the last millisecond of accuracy.

Resulting in Classic WoW 2019, a game based on Vanilla, but not actually Vanilla at all simply because it’s an emulation not the real thing.

What saddens me most is the fact that the private servers attempt perfection and use actual vanilla video for frame of reference.

I know it’s impossible for the PvE to be exact by that method, but it sure could get close.

To me the private servers are more “vanilla” than Classic is even if Classic 2019 has a technically more accurate database.

2 Likes

unfortunately, you are in fact correct with your assertions I’m afraid to say

It took me no joke one day on one of the most modern private servers to instantly realize my memory of Vanilla was right and that Blizzard’s classic WoW 2019 has quite a bit broken.

On the private servers I can play a hunter exactly as I remember it being possible. That and the fact that the PvP on the private servers feels way more vanilla because all the class mechanics work as I remember; everything was intuitive because my existing muscle memory from days of old played out perfectly.

Sure Classic 2019 is darn close, close enough that people can get an idea for what things were like, but fact is; if a guy wants a Vanilla experience; the Classic 2019 doesn’t do a good enough job.

That to me is just painful.

it would be great to know one way or the other about this as it makes a big difference to what gear is actually useful in raids…

1 Like

Blizzard - you could at least let us know if this is in fact the case:

## XXXXYesterday at 7:48 PM

well

shadow oil and consecration are not getting fixed

## rowdyredfred (Aymee)Yesterday at 8:57 PM

Was there a blue post?

## XXXXYesterday at 10:20 PM

idk but thats what esfand told me

## ThelorasYesterday at 10:52 PM

if esfand wanted to actually be helpful then he would put his money where his mouth is

## XXXXYesterday at 11:10 PM

listen bro he told me he talked to the devs and they are not going to change it

## ThelorasYesterday at 11:14 PM

then they need to PUBLICLY say as much
those bug reports have been up for MONTHS
without a single yes this is working as intended

2 Likes

After going through warcraft logs from a recent MC run, it does appears the Consecrate DOES take up a debuff, while not showing a debuff frame on the boss.
At any given time in my logs, only 16 debuffs are every applied to the boss (including consecrate, sometimes twice when 2 paladins use it).

If you go through your warcraft logs and check the debuffs, you’ll see the evidence is quite clear.

oh i agree which is completely frickin bonkers given the patch notes from 1.9

Consecration - No longer displays a debuff icon on targets in the area of effect.
https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Patch_1.9.0

what the hell was the point of making the debuff hidden if it ended up taking up a debuff slot anyway?!?!?!?

Semi-frequent reminder that Blizzard doesn’t care. Three months almost now lol, yeesh…

2 Likes

Sounds like you’ve answered yourselves from the beginning. The consensus seems to be that Cosecration is a debuff but does not display on the target (likely because it cannot be dispelled). EZ.

2 Likes

it never could be dispelled even before patch 1.9 lol

I wonder how many times I can post in a row before a community manager comes along and deletes them.

Remember folks! If these posts randomly disappear it means Blizzard saw this thread and cared enough to delete them but not enough to give us any news on this thread.

2 Likes

I wonder how many times I can post in a row before a community manager comes along and deletes them.

Remember folks! If these posts randomly disappear it means Blizzard saw this thread and cared enough to delete them but not enough to give us any news on this thread.

Exactly, hence removing it from being displayed.

1 Like

that literally makes zero sense…

it would only appear as a debuff if you stood in the affected area pre 1.9 - it was never a DoT like other actual DoTs

changing it to be hidden but still producing a debuff is literally insane and adds zero functionality

1 Like

I am not saying it is working perfectly but I imagine it was removed from being displayed so there was no confusion regarding it being able to be dispelled. As far as I know there are a few “hidden” buffs and debuffs. This may be another or it is bugged. It looks like it is low on the ladder of priority for them though.

1 Like

do AoEs from other classes cause a debuff though hidden or otherwise?

Persistent Area Aura: Periodic Damage
Value: 225 every 2 seconds (SP mod: 0.083)
Radius: 8 yards
https://classic.wowhead.com/spell=11678/rain-of-fire

vs

Value: 47 every 1 second (SP mod: 0.042)
https://classic.wowhead.com/spell=20924/consecration

vs

Value: 116 every 1 second (SP mod: 0.042)
https://classic.wowhead.com/spell=10186/blizzard

^^^now of course Blizzard will add a debuff if talented for the slow^^^