Consecration "incorrectly" counts as a debuff

hopefully we will find out in tomorrow’s patch:

Additional Updates

The lua API has been modified 2.0k to prevent some addons from using communications channels in ways that are contrary to the spirit of the game.
This patch includes client support for the Paid Character Transfer service, which may be enabled at a future date.
The World of Warcraft Classic executable file on your PC has been renamed.
Bug fixes.

TLDR - if they fixed the consecration bug, then it will most likely be in tomorrow’s patch

1 Like

sigh…

PenguinbasherToday at 7:40 PM

https://classic.warcraftlogs.com/reports/B7q9WnfTa1bHxgDr#fight=35&type=auras&spells=debuffs&hostility=1
According to these logs, conc still counts as debuff
we had MS because we were testing something
doesn’t seem to have knocked anything important off though

3 Likes

@ Aggrend

could this bug report get some love and attention as well plz and thank you

3 Likes

I hope we get a response or a fix. This is punishing…

All I want for Christmas is a reply to this thread. -_-

1 Like

Patch 1.9

Consecration - No longer displays a debuff icon on targets in the area of effect

Sounds like Blizzard brought over the data from Vanilla without any of the game server side bug fixes.

AKA more bugs than actual 1.12 Vanilla.

Over a month and a half out now, the holidays have come and gone, still my heart yearns for the sweet solace of a blue reply clarifying this issue. I apologize for the repeated nagging but this must be addressed, it’s vital for a spec that is already a meme and if it can be fixed then we -need- it fixed and if it’s intended behaviour then we at least deserve to know so we can plan accordingly.

Please give us something. Even a “we’re looking into it, we saw this thread” acknowledgement would go a long way.

Thanks for your time.

6 Likes

Yeah, the note that says it no longer displays a debuff makes it sound like it didn’t count as one prior to that.

It would be really dumb to make it just an invisible debuff at a time where debuff slots were highly fought over and watched.

I never remember Consecrated ground ever consuming a debuff slot in late vanilla; this was with a full suit of standard debuffs on the target.

I think that more or less it counted as damage in the same way you could count auto attack.

1 Like

I get a debuff when i stand in consecration it stacks for each paladin as well, working as intended I’d assume, it costed too much to be useful back then maybe thats why no one used it.

Hopefully they fix it when AQ is released so its the same as vanilla.

Had two paladins using consecrate in my raid tonight, sure enough never had more than 14 debuffs appear on our targets while consecrate was up. Would appreciate some clarification from blizzard on whether or not this intended given it no longer appears as a debuff.

1 Like

Consecration works the same as the explosive trap ground effect so it should be a debuff too.

except for this…

Consecration - No longer displays a debuff icon on targets in the area of effect.
https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Patch_1.9.0

3 Likes

Has this been looked at yet?

No and at this rate it never will be. It seems clear Blizzard isn’t interested in giving any reply as we’ve had this thread up for months now. I’m really disappointed to be honest, I expected more.

3 Likes

Please correct this. It is clearly a bug. The 1.9 text makes clear that consecration no longer counted as a debuff. We should be using the final form of all talents and abilities.

If you are not going to correct it, then let paladins know so they can plan accordingly. It really fundamentally impacts Ret Pally gearing and viability come BWL.

2 Likes

they don’t need to fix this until AQ comes out as thats the patch they fixed it with in vanilla. just chill guys, respec holy if you must.

it actually is a huge deal - especially with Nightfall becoming available in a month with BWL release - more and more Paladins will be DPSing

3 Likes

I hope we could at least get a reply about this.
We need to plan accordingly depending if this will stay like this for the rest of the game.

Not sure what is needed before a Reply is warranted, but this seems that have been ignored for a while.

6 Likes

Even a blue post saying “F*** you” would be better than nothing at this point. Blizzard please stop ignoring the issue.

8 Likes