Congrats on realm transfers

Here in this forum, a bunch of players suggested to Blizz that “free realm transfers” be Horde-only, in order to avoid making the PVP balance on those FROM realms worse.

I thought Blizz wouldn’t do a one-faction transfer. I was wrong.

Today I saw a blue post in Wowhead updating the character moves. Free moves FROM 6 overpopulated realms are Horde-only.

Congrats! Your posts convinced Blizzard to change their plans.

21 Likes

If they had done this type of stuff more often in retail there would have never been a need for the dumpster fire that is war mode.

5 Likes

Can you post the realms this is available for please?

It’s unfortunate that most horde will not transfer off a server overpopulated by horde, but it’s definitely how transfers should have been handled at first.

6 Likes

yeah, now let’s see if this actually works.

1 Like

Why blame Horde?

There seems to be a large outcry from Alliance players. Alliance players also seem to be the ones leaving servers and causing the large faction imbalances that Alliance players are complaining about.

I don’t mean to suggest that this is all Alliance players or that only Alliance players are complaining about anything, but it’s something that for some reason I seem to be noticing.

Anyway, with the ability now to transfer back for Alliance, we’ll see what actually happens, and whether balance is indeed restored.

2 Likes

Because horde massively built up those populations. Almost all of them chose horde for the racials which are definitely way stronger. Shamans are a much stronger class in PvP, Paladins are a much stronger class in PvE. So yes, these things amount to correctly blaming one faction over the other.

Because Horde have nothing to complain about. They have 10:1 and 20:1 advantages on servers, why would they create a large outcry?

There were large faction imbalances BEFORE the transfers were allowed. Leaving those servers added to the problem, which is part of the reason why Alliance wanted those servers to be FACTION LOCKED for transfer.

Oh no, you can most definitely pin it to alliance complaining because alliance were the only faction legitimately stuck with a justifiably legitimate imbalanced problem caused by a massive initial disparity.

As for the problem, blame it on the majority of players knowing that Horde had an INSANE PvP advantage all along. Thus the super majority of players who wanted to pvp went for that advantage causing the imbalance.

3 Likes

Zinq, I am a resident of Heartseeker and let me tell you as polite as I can, you’re wrong. The horde are coming, and we’re working on making Heartseeker a 1 to 1 ratio server. Already today three guilds and many solo horde and come to heartseeker and we greatly appreciate them coming over and help making heartseeker a premier server for world pvp.

That sounds great, if it wasn’t from the perspective of the only alliance imbalanced PvP server in the entire realmlist.

1 Like

I mistook your claim , I thought you said all horde would rather stay on their imbalanced pvp servers but you said most Horde, which I guess is a fair claim.

I would suspect it to be a fair claim also, as I doubt most people want to transfer servers.

Yeah I agree to that even for me it was with a heavy heart I left stalagg a long time ago.

About time they listen but some servers might never recover, the damage has been done.

You guys up in here talking about transfers and ally/horde ratios and servers not recovering from the damage…

WHAT???/

Layering was abused for how long? That did 100x more damage than anything they could do at this point.

Also if you did re roll or transfer you should have done some research first. Thunderfury is near 50/50

Seriously awesome blizz is (hopefully) listening to us. Ive been advocating for faction specific changes for a while and wasnt sure if i was going to be heard, but i feel pretty good knowing that we were listened to.

Now, if this was implemented a while ago, there wouldnt be a bunch of alli feeling trapped in some rough realms, but better late than never.

I just rolled a new toon on grobbulus because i thought the ratio on my server was going to be forever screwed but i have hope for wpvp now. Still think battlegrounds in 2.5 would be smart to mitigate some of the enivitable disaster some imbalanced realms are going to experience.

Thank you, I’m happy to see that feedback is actually being look at this time around.

dead server omegalul

Let’s wait and see. Can’t change past but at least Blizz is making the right moves now before it’s too late.

Difference between retail and classic… In retail the dominant faction has numbers advantage, recruiting advantage and gear advantage. In classic the gearing is still equal and recruiting still works for the lesser faction.

Horde have plenty of reasons to move. They’re just not in game yet. It’s called BG ranking and waiting for BGS to pop. Alliance will have it very easy once BGs land.

Because these people actually believe that when they choose to play a race on a faction on a realm for any and all the reasons they choose to do so, those reasons are good and just and right and fair. But when Horde players do so their reasons are cowardly and wrong-minded, and they should be disallowed from doing so.

They honestly think this is a rational position.

Or Blizzard has been in a tough position with Classic, and was always going to belatedly (as is Blizzard’s norm) attempt to use additional transfer parameters to shape population as layers are removed, players leave or dramatically cut back play time, and the population shifts and settles into clumps as it seeks to find community and advantage.